X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how did you get on with toyota gb

Comment

FYI I rang toyota on 01737 363633, asked for Customer Services

All they wanted was the reg no of my 4runner to tell me the relay rod had been replaced July 7 2006.

Comment

Rang them yesterday and gave them my Vin and reg number, Nice lady on the phone said they need to check with Toyota Europe and will give me a call back when they find out, said ti takes a few days. Never told her it had already snapped though, will cross that bridge when i get an answer! Fingers crossed.

Comment

TBH, the fact it actually broken should make them more interested, as it proves its still a relevent issue they need to worry about.
          4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Not had any reply from Toyota GB, so gave them a bell, the reply - they are still chasing it up and it takes time because its an import and has to be tracked back to Japan for info. You would think with email, internet and a phone it would take less than 10 days for someone to say yes or no??
            Oh well, wait abit longer then! Miss my surf.

Comment

been 2 weeks now and still not a word! Think i will give them another ring in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by surfer dude View Post
                been 2 weeks now and still not a word! Think i will give them another ring in the morning.
                I think you need to tell them that the part has actually failed, and you and they are lucky there wasn't a serious or fatal accident.
                I would have thought that after all the trouble they've had recently they would have sorted this quickly.

Comment

For me; from first phone call to permission to go ahead, took 3 months.
                  Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

update. had a call from toyota yesterday to say they will do the recall and parts are on the way to the local dealer for a free fitting! me is a happy man.

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                      For me; from first phone call to permission to go ahead, took 3 months.
                      Just got it back all sorted! only took 7 months though!!

Comment

Thats nearly as long as I take!

Good news thats its done.
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Wow I'm so glad I read this thread I had no idea there was a recall on any components on the surf . And thanks to the list on the first page posted by spacask . I think my truck falls In the affected trucks my vin is kzn130 9046696. Dose anybody know if Toyota keep a history of if a hilux has had the recall done already?
                          Always up to my neck in it

Comment

It would seem logical that they'd keep a list of any done in the UK/Aus etc within each country and check that list first.

My well looked after 95 seems to have the original part still fitted which is odd as it's been in the UK for ages.

I guess many people don't use the internet for much still.

I read about a paint mark by the chassis plate in the engine bay being a sign, I've also seen mentioned a Jap recall sticker on the back of the truck.

I've got a little jap sticker saying 474.
                            Last edited by Ploddit; 19 July 2011, 08:21.

Comment

I will be straight onto Toyota when I get to the workshop. Before I bought my surf I did a lot of research I got loads of info about the heads and overheating and other bits but nothing ever came up about s steering recall oh well at least I know now . I have checked the back of the truck all inside and mine has no sticker and no sign of paint mark by my vin plate but thanks for the info
                              Always up to my neck in it

Comment

Mine's in the recall lot.
                                Got onto Toyota to check, called the number in this thread and asked for customer services. They asked for the chassis number and reg, but they didn't have a record of it so can only assume it's not been done. They are going to check with Toyota "Europe" EUROPE? Surely Toyota Japland would be a better start?
                                Anyway, they seemed quite versed in their responses, saying it would take a couple of weeks, so.... watch this space.
                                "B.A." Baracus: "Talk to me, talk sense so I can talk back. Not all this jibberjabber like breaking the peace and all that."
                                www.johnthebuilder.info

Comment

Working...
                                X