Torque Convertor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torque Convertor

Hello again and more problems yet again. As you remember from my former posts i've re-done the cylinder head with new gasket as it had a botch job done with success, cured the pressurisng. Swapped the gear-box over because the original dumped its fluid. I now realise that the original box was fine as the replacement gear-box has done the same. Everything put back with no leaking pipes etc, my only guess it's the torque convertor. The only thing that sways me from this is that it looked brand new, could see my face in it. Could the leak be coming from there?.....Advice would be appreciated....

Originally posted by mountain_man View Post
    Hello again and more problems yet again. As you remember from my former posts i've re-done the cylinder head with new gasket as it had a botch job done with success, cured the pressurisng. Swapped the gear-box over because the original dumped its fluid. I now realise that the original box was fine as the replacement gear-box has done the same. Everything put back with no leaking pipes etc, my only guess it's the torque convertor. The only thing that sways me from this is that it looked brand new, could see my face in it. Could the leak be coming from there?.....Advice would be appreciated....

Most likely the transmission shaft seal thats behind the torque converter.
    Attached Files

Comment

LOL Deja-vue..

Its hugely unlikely it the convertor itself, I've never seen one split, or even badly made, especially a Toyota one, if the convertor is the only part you've reused it maybe the pump drive shaft is damamged and not sealing.

Are you putting the convertor on the gearbox, then installing it on engine or bolting the convertor to flex plate then fitting trans? if the latter its all to easy to push the seal in to far or twist it and it leak.

If not I dunno.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Thanks Bushwacker for that. The torque convertor was left on the engine when i swapped the gear-boxes over Tony. That is why i think it was the convertor and not the gear box was to blame for the fluid dump. The torque convertor looks brand new and that's why i never suspected it....

Comment

Originally posted by mountain_man View Post
          Thanks Bushwacker for that. The torque convertor was left on the engine when i swapped the gear-boxes over Tony. That is why i think it was the convertor and not the gear box was to blame for the fluid dump. The torque convertor looks brand new and that's why i never suspected it....

Always fit the torque converter onto the transmission shaft before attaching to the engine.

Comment

Thanks for the advice Bushwacker, will do that.....

Comment

Working...
            X