Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• random surging

Just started happening randomly.
    I'll be cruising at highway speeds with no major throttle and it will start randomly surging between 2800-3000 rpm.

Any ideas on what the problem might be? Idles just fine, though when you start up in the mornings it can be really rough some times when it is cold.
    I've replaced the glow plugs, air filter, fuel filter. 2 Years ago I had the head re-done, with new belt tensioner, idler pulley, water pump, thermostat, gasket, etc etc.

TPS is my first thought.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Is there any way of testing the TPS or just buy a new one and hope to shit ? lol

Comment

make sure its not loose, and the throttle cable is fixed properly as well.

You should be able to test it wiht a meter, but don't have any specs to hand right now. they may have been posted before though..

it could be lots of things, fuel pressure, turbo, EGR, etc... but start with the easy things first.

check the fault codes as well.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...ic.php?t=19390

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/forum/v...osition+sensor

Nev

Comment

Ditto, thanks Nev
            I think that is the problem, as rather than revving it feels like it is trying to drop a gear in order to grank up the power.
            I'll give the TPS a test.

On a different note (perhaps related?) the blower seems to have started acting up at the same time. As soon as I hit the switch from OFF to HIGH it takes a good 2-3 seconds to actually turn on. Makes a weird clicking noise.

Comment

Is this happening with the aircon turned off? The aircon is supposed to increase the throttle. It could be out of adjustment.

Comment

Working...
              X