brake pads changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake pads changed

I changed my brake pads the other day, and it was really simple to change them, but two things, 1st... the wheels would not come off the register, there was a slight corrosion of the alloy to the hub and they would not budge 28lb hammer on the tyre a few times did the trick, all cleaned off now and greased up, they will come off easy next time, so be aware that if you don't clean them up and grease, it could be a nightmare if you get a puncture anywhere other than at home with a big hammer at hand.
    Also when ordering pads from Milners, I also bought the pin and spring kit, they may fit the early surfs but the pins are to short for the 1992 model, I had to use the old pins and spings.

Yes the pins are too short. but replacing the pads was a doddle.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Good advice.

About to do that job this weekend.
      Has anyone told Milners?

Brake fitting kit sold under false pretenses...?

andyL

Comment

pads change

Well after I found out that the pins were to short, I did phone them to let them know about the problem, when she looked further in the parts list, it does say that the pins will not fit brakes after a certain date, just wished they had looked when I ordered them.
        Like I say if you intend doing the pad change, be prepared for the wheels to hard to get off, and mine had been off for new tyres in november, so it don't take long for them to get stuck.

Comment

happens a lot with alloys... me mother had the same trouble with a flat on the mondeo... call to favourite son... couldn't get the wheel off... call to my mate baz to bring the reinforcement (club hammer!)... still took a fair few whacks to get them off!... but i earned me pocket money that week!
          nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Working...
          X