Not starting now the weathers cold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not starting now the weathers cold

Hi my Hilux surf '93 import 2.4 ssrx auto isn't starting now it's got cold.

I had a problem getting it started on wednesday when it took several trys and turns of the key to get it started. I drove it a little parked shopped and went back and the same thing then I drove further and had batteries checked at kwik-fit and they were OK not perfect but guy said enough to start. The Hilux then started fine when I started it after battery check. Guess that was because the car was warm. Then went and shopped for a few hours and it was a struggle to start again.

Now I've come to try this morning and it just won't start up. It's colder today than wednesday so think that may be part of the problem.

I've recently had new glow plugs so they should be OK, however I've never ever had a beep when my glow plug light go's off - should I have one? my fuse seams fine.

Should I try getting a battery starter (or a jump start) and topping up my oil as it's a tad (4 months) old and that could be thickening. My thought was some more Ogomph for the battery and a top up with new oil may help for now and the next few weeks.

Cheers Folks

check the 80amp fuse in the engine bay fuse box could be blown.

Comment

Check the glow plugs. I mean really check them and make sure they are getting power.

Nev

Comment

How should I check the glow plugs?

The fuse seams fine it's not blown.

Just gone out and tried car and realised I do get a buzzing noise after the glow plug lights gone out, never new that it was for the plugs - just thought it was a 'you need to start or take the key out notice' D'UH.
        Last edited by Teshu; 18 December 2009, 13:29.

Comment

i have had the same problem and i ended up changing the glow plugs yesterday and today the truck started perfect,well actually better than it has for a long time.
          There has been several of us thats had the same problem and putting in new plugs solved the problem
          Actually i had a phone call this morning from a forum member about the same thing and i said to him the glow plugs so he will be putting in new ones asap
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
          X