won't start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• won't start

hi all i'm thinking about buying a surf 2.4 the problem is it will run no problem for a while then if you turn it off it won't start again untill you leave it for a couple of hours, it's had a new fuel pump fitted ecu tested and all the wiring tested and it's still the same, was just wondering if anyone else has had any similar problems before i buy it, as it needs to be sorted when if i buy it. cheers simon
    when the sh*t hits the fan greet the reaper with a smile

simples - dont buy it
    find another, their a dime a dozen....
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Took a change and picked it up today messed with the fuel cut off solinoid and away she went sweet as a nut so i'm over the moon and got a good bargain to boot

Comment

Originally posted by oneintheeye View Post
        Took a change and picked it up today messed with the fuel cut off solinoid and away she went...
        Nice work, but, if it has an ECU then it can't have a Fuel Cut Solenoid. The EFI models have a Spill Control Valve. Big difference in operating voltages and how they work.

Nev

Comment

same problem

hi . i have excacly hte same problem with mine, where do i find this cut off solenoid or oversill valve??

Comment

it's on the back of the fuel pump theres a cap on top covering the adjuster screw all i did was adjust it in until it started (it blew lots of smoke) then just turned it back until the smoke cleared hope this helps it sorted mine out

Comment

Originally posted by oneintheeye View Post
              it's on the back of the fuel pump theres a cap on top covering the adjuster screw all i did was adjust it in until it started (it blew lots of smoke) then just turned it back until the smoke cleared hope this helps it sorted mine out
              can anyone supply a pic of this
              Russell

Comment

Working...
              X