airbox - turbo light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• airbox - turbo light

hi guys hoping this is a simple one disconnected the airbox to day with the view to fitting an cone airfilter however ran out of time some put all the airbox back together but since i have no turbo light any ideas guys

Is the Air flow sensor thingy connected back into its housing ok?
    The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

yes i think so

Comment

Just to try the easy stuff first...and to make sure.... the turbo light is worked by the sensor thats bolted to the side of the air filter box, the hose runs from this, to a clip on the intake elbow, where a little filter is clipped there, then it goes down under the intake elbow and plugs on a fitting in the intake manifold.
        'quote from TonyN' i think...
        Last edited by wiggy; 30 June 2009, 12:26.

Comment

thanks wiggy that sound like the bugger i did take that off have now put it back on but will have a look can you forsee any issue removing the airbox completely and fitting a k+n style filter if i do this i assume i will lose the turbo light unless i remount the air sensor in the pipe to the filter ??

thanks in advance

Comment

This might help.... and would have thought that you would need to incorporate the sensor into whatever you are doing to make the turbo work but someone with a bit more knowledge should be about in a few!

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...fitting+filter

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/at...8&d=1122652636 is this lil pipe attached right?

Comment

cheers wiggy will have a look at the links that pipe should be attached as i havent touched it i think

cheers will let you know mate

Comment

just to clarify if i just disconnect the airox and connect the new filter then mount the airflow sensor in the elbow pipe this should work and give me back the turbo light also the little sensor bolted to the airbox waht does this doe does it have to bolted to the airbox

cheers

Comment

Thats the turbo pressure sensor.As long as its all connected e.g wires and pipes then it should be ok.Check all the other vac pipes aswell as they may be looking ok but could well be leaking.
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

thanks stormforce to clarify can i install the cone filter and then create a hole in the elbow pipe to mount the airflow sensor i assume the sensor mounted to the airbox will work without being mounted will doing it this way give me back my turnbo light assuming all other vac pipes etc are ok

Comment

I cant see why it shouldn't work as its will be doing the same thing as the original
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

cheers mate will have another try at it tonight (wheather permitting) trying to prep for adding a side mounted intercooler all going well not sure if the missus is going to approve of the extra noise of the filter yet

cheers

Comment

hi guys final thought found this image

and was wondering 2 things

firstly was thinking of mounting the sensor in the new blue pipe would this be ok and work fine

secondly what does this sensor do can i leave it disconnected without ill effect

all your help is much appreciated wouldnt be going through this hassle but looks like the only way i can get away with fitting a side mounted intercooler

not keen on the top mounted ones

cheers again
                          Attached Files

Comment

As to leaving things disconected i wouldnt (the sensors are all there to do a job & the ones you are on about i.e the Airflow sensor & the turbo one do just as they say on the tin and without the engine being able to monitor the airflow it cant work correctly.
                            Have a look at this for a bit of info http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/h34.pdf and as stormforce said 'turbo pressure sensor.As long as its all connected e.g wires and pipes then it should be ok' is right enough and with regard to the airflow one i would have thought as long as its inside the tube and sealed it should work also.

Hope this helps

Comment

thanks guys a bit gutted i took all the airbox out and installed the new cone filter took it for a spin and no turbo light and lost alot of oomph so decided to go back to stock refitted evrything and still no turbo

after about an hour of checking and double checking found a breather pipe that connects to the sensor mounted on the airbox reconnected and turbo is now back so suppect if i had found this with then new cone on all would have worked

so i am now going to start getting the parts together to do the intercooler and do it all at the same time

thanks again guys no doubt i will be asking more questions soon

Comment

Working...
                              X