Clear All

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

hth
        Attached Files

Comment

1st thing I'd check is that there is a real voltage at the glow plugs. You can't assume that because the fuse is ok you're getting voltage to the glow plugs. Esp. if the heads been changed recently. Could have easily been a mistake on the head replacement. - There's so many bits to reconnect.

Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
            Have you cracked the injectors just to make sure they're all spurtin?

Did you check the glow plug relay too?

Hi Sanch, no not done the injectors thing but i can (i think ) hear the relay click. Is there a way to check it.

Comment

Wishbone, thanks for the info, i will have a looksee to moz, had to many Rum and cokes now

Comment

How do i check voltage to glow plugs??
                Funny you should say that cos it looks like someone has re wired them but it looks a good job.

Comment

Use a volt meter with the red probe on the top of the glow plug where the 'bar' attatches. The black one on earth. Set the meter to DC and the range to ~20V.

Cheap way to check for no power at all is use a 12V bulb. (rear light type 5W)

You hold the probes in place, get someone to turn the ignition on. See if there's a good voltage there, or the bulb comes on..

Rob.
                  Last edited by wishbone; 26 February 2009, 22:52.

Comment

Originally posted by wishbone View Post
                    Use a volt meter with the red probe on the top of the glow plug where the 'bar' attatches. The black one on earth. Set the meter to DC and the range to ~20V.

Cheap way to check for no power at all is use a 12V bulb. (rear light type 5W)

Rob.

Nice one mate, try it to moz after work and report back here.......thanks!!

Comment

try disconnecting the main cable from the + post (one with the insulators) - stick one probe of a multi meter onto the + cable and earth the other. next get someone to turn the key to the glow plug position and measure the voltage - no voltage = no glow plugs = sod to start

Comment

oops - wishbone got there before me

Comment

Originally posted by potif View Post
                          try disconnecting the main cable from the + post (one with the insulators) - stick one probe of a multi meter onto the + cable and earth the other. next get someone to turn the key to the glow plug position and measure the voltage - no voltage = no glow plugs = sod to start
                          PMSL..Deffo "sod to start" lol

Comment

Right then, ya not going to believe this. I'll try and explain.
                            Tested power to the glow plugs....nothing!
                            So, tested relay, power in and power out.
                            Disconnected cable to what i can only describe as a bolt sticking up from the in let manifold. Tested it and yes there's power.
                            Now, earlier in this thread i said that someone had re wired the glow plugs with wire instead of the "buz bar" anyway, the wire from the relay wet on first over a plastic ring so that it didn't earth out, then some plonker put another plastic spacer on and then the wire to the glow plugs which ment the power wasn't getting to the glow plugs, in fact, it was going to earth. OMG!!!
                            Anyways, all sorted but why don't people look what they are doing and re check what they have done.
                            A big thanks to you 3 for putting me on the right track, with out your input i would have not have found it and would have struggled all the way on the Mac.
                            If we ever meet, the beer's are on me.
                            Thanks Guy's!!

Comment

Working...
                            X