Head Gone ?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
    Thing is.... after it got a bit toasty an lost a hose leaving kent 2 years ago when i got it. The AA guy did a pressure test an it all passed ok. The truck was still hot. (as in the temp of the engine... not the coolant temp guage)

Filled the coolant back up an did a steady 60 all the way back to Romsey an it never got hot. It got a bit hot the other day leaving popeyes but i think i'd lost a bit of coolant before hand. I topped it up by about a pint when i got back an it's been fine since.
    when my head went the only indication that it had gone was the temp would rise only over 80. when i got the truck back home there was no water in the oil no white smoke nothing to say that the heade had gone. then she started running rough on start up only so got a block test kit, 3 trys later and it showed it was fcuked

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
      when my head went the only indication that it had gone was the temp would rise only over 80. when i got the truck back home there was no water in the oil no white smoke nothing to say that the heade had gone. then she started running rough on start up only so got a block test kit, 3 trys later and it showed it was fcuked
      Damn, I reeeeeeeaaaaaallllly dont want the hassle if mines toast...

But i'd have been living with it f**ked for whats probably 2 years. It's never been any trouble engine wise.

Comment

if mine had never of started to run a little rough then i would'nt have bothered either

Comment

i get loads of white smoke on start ups, and its rough as old boots but only when the engine is cold as well.Dont forget rod, there can be a lot of moisture in the exhaust pipe itself.passing hot gases over them will cause them to steam,i think your fine dude.

roy, it does sound like the head is done. get a sniffer test done mate and go from there.
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
            i get loads of white smoke on start ups, and its rough as old boots but only when the engine is cold as well.Dont forget rod, there can be a lot of moisture in the exhaust pipe itself.passing hot gases over them will cause them to steam, i think your fine dude.
            Thats what i wanna hear!!

Comment

So all is not bad news on this fine day, drove up to see Toby today 260 kilometres round trim with out a problem, no smoke at all, whilst talking to Toby about his latest off road trip he showed me some pictures and behind his surf was another surf with plooms of white smoke coming out of the exhaust, just been through a deep puddle and filled the air intake with water

Then hey presto it then all clicked into place, my radiator has sprung a leak and sprayed a fine get of steam onto the power steering pulley, where it condenses and is then thrown up into the air intake, hence when I am stopped, more water would build up without being burnt by the engine, creating a ploom of white smoke.

Just the oil pressure to sort out now, ill change the oil and filter tomorrow and go from there, I do know that I have a oil leak which is dripping down by the bell housing, but I cant see where it is coming from, I cant see how this would effect the pressure so, will have to look elsewhere.

Thanks for all the quick responses and the reassurances that it’s not the head gone.

Had to change my underwear four times yesterday.
              Roy
              When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

Oh ye of little faith.

Rear of the valve cover is leaking by the way.

Comment

i get black smoke on start up!

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2 View Post
                    i get black smoke on start up!
                    Ohh, Black smoke is not so good, i think ill stick with my white
                    Roy
                    When ya stop having fun, Ya start getting old

Comment

Working...
                    X