Long range or second fuel tank.. (veg?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for the roof thing...

If all you are going to have is a pop-up tent and yourselves, and a couple spares...

Get a few extra roof braces out of Toyota... get the roof lining out... weld a few more braces in...

Get some guterless tracks fitted... and a rack to suit...
    Brace the tracks off the roof braces internally...

Plenty strong enough for that lot... done very similar to mine... and the roof flexes when I go over the top a bit... but nothing major to worry about...

robert is your mothers sisters husband....

Comment

Originally posted by AndyLala View Post
      With the water... I would have thought that the pump can only touch either dirty or clean water, not both - you don't want to contaminate your clean water running back through the pump. So two tanks one for dirty water..., one for clean... which would mean two pumps. One to draw water into your storage tank. One to pull through the filter into the clean tank. This could then go straight for drinking (dependant on your filtering), or through a heat exchange to a shower head - perhaps quite wasteful with the water...

Dirty side.
      Input hose, pump, storage tank.

Clean side.
      Filtering mechanism, pump, clean water strorage tank.

Of course, you could also do...
      Input hose, filtering mechanism, pump storage tank.

One pump, one tank...

Found a system for filtering the water the other day, very tidy with simple (small) cartridges. With the armoured garden hose connectors you could make a system where everything (clean side) is interchangeable...

Say your pump went duff... you could still gravity feed the filtering mechanism to top up your storage tank... and still get by...

Don't forget a hurricane kettle... plenty of hot water real quick...

Rite yeah I see ur point very good, u got me thinking now..
      I will have a look around and see what is more easy...
      I saw a real good filter system in aussie and u are rite they use two pumps, i might see if I can get hold of the drawings and look at something like that I think I will have some homework to do regarding this and see what is best..
      Thanks heaps for the advise tho...

as for the roof rack that is an idea too...
      the reason I wanted a roll cage type construction is because there is 2 and sometimes 3 people sleeping on the roof..

my mate has 3 people in the truck but only sleeping for 2 as they sleep in the back, so was thinking that the extra person sleep on my roof too in a little dome tent..

Will your construction be strong enough for 3?
      if so that would save me a lot off time, messing and welding.

The only advantage of an outside rollcage would be that I can protect all windows as well with bars or mesh, but if I am gonna do that I am gonna have to buy a second surf I think as a dedicated travel vehicle...
      One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Here is the one that I was looking at...
        Plan was to use one pump, and suck through this system into a clean store. Handful of water tanks for dirty water storage if you couldn't clean/pump at the location. Fill the water 'jerry' cans and run... clean it later...

http://www.generalecology.com/marinervuse.htm#Seagull

And something like these to store the water...
        http://www.mfc-survival.net/index.ph...=78&Itemid=117

sitting over the transmission tunnel behind the front seats.

Comment

looks good I am looking at a few pumps like that on ebay now will keep u up to date...

Thanks for all your advice so far...

Comment

wat fuel

ayup toby.with this extra tank fitted does this mean you will be going faster than normal.lol
            Originally posted by TobyJug View Post
            Hey all
            As some of u know I am breaking a special edition Honda Accord at the moment, now the car has a near new 65ltr fuel tank.

I was wondering if I cud fit that to the surf somehow to have like a long range fuel tank,
            Or I was thinking of putting a heater on it and maybe use it as a veg conversion..

Anyone done this?
            Or am I a bit daft in trying it this way and is it not really possible with this tank?

Thanks in advance..

TobyJug
            sigos85@hotmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by 286bhp View Post
              ayup toby.with this extra tank fitted does this mean you will be going faster than normal.lol
              hehe Yeah who know's I might be hitting 56 miles an hour.....

altho Dave sice I hav had the overheating and I did the cooling system I have been driving her a little harder

Got up to nearly 70 once..... lol

Comment

This any help?
                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=36706
                Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE View Post

brilliant mate thanks...
                  Might come to your place to fit the tank...

thanks very much I am still reading now...

Comment

Working...
                  X