No announcement yet.

susp/body lift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nope sus lift for extra clearance with stiffer coils as answered in other thread lol

Comment

Suspension AND body lift means bigger tyres can be fitted.

Comment

the cheapest option for suspension lift is get the landcruiser hd j80 springs from www.milneroffroad.com and they work out about £60 ish delivered they will lift the rear end by 3" and then you can crank the front torsion bars by a max of 2" but 1.5" will cause less wear on the cv joints.If your not doing any real off roading then you can get away with the standard shocks but the +3" shocks are £35 each and it may pay to get the extended brake lines from www.roughtrax4x4.com so for just over £300 you can have yourself a decent 5" lift on the rear and 3.5" to 4" on the front
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

don't forget to add vat to thoose prices

Comment

Interesting.
            I'm not particularily worried about not having the clearance to get over something altogether, i'm more worried about cracking the sump on something small and unexpected along the way.

I'll talk to my mechanic tomorrow and see what prices he gives me for the whole thing. We're getting it fully serviced, having the frost plug fixed and getting new shoes for it so it all depends how much that sets us back. If we have some (any!) money left over i'll think about it again.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

you could always get a bash plate that will protect your sump

Comment

I'd rather go for avoidance as opposed to protection if possible but I will definately go for a bash plate if our budget can't stretch to a lift.
                I'm hoping my Dad will donate me some tyres and the mechanic might do a good deal seeing as we're giving the car to charity so you never know what'll happen!

Comment

Working...
                X