yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP ! Its a b*stard to start + now a weird problem !?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorted It ! Thanks Everyone For Your Help ! :-)

I've learned a lesson ..... if you put rubber silicone lubricant on a belt pulley the belt goes round but the pulley stays put !!!! LOL

I had looked at it yesterday and it looked like it was going around but as it's the one right at the bottom left of the radiator (I guess that's gotta be the alternator) which has a nut on the front and the pulley casing is fixed ... the pulley itself is inside of that and today I could see (only just) that it wasn't moving so all the dash lights came on because of that !

Somehow that also runs the servo vacuum so the brakes didn't work properly either.

Thanks for all the advice and it's now running fine ... still the occasional squeek at very low revs but goes away pretty quick when moving off but I can live with that :-)

Last point .... not sure what oil to top up with ... synthetic or mineral ? I haven't had to do it before as it usuallly gets covered at the oil change on service but I noticed it needs a little top up now.
    Last edited by cashinthebox; 28 March 2008, 13:17.

Comment

this noise, is it screeching or grinding? yes? dunno what that is then.

If, however, its just a 'noise', does the noise stop when you take your foot off the gas? If so. could be a blowing exhaust, like mine. I say 'blowing' but in my case the whole exhaust disappeared from the end of the middle box...... anyway, it sounds like its coming from the rear driver side wheel, which it isnt, but thats what it sounds like.

By the way, the glow plug 'beeeeeep' isnt what you (and I) thought it is. The glowplugs should be ready when the glow light goes out. The beep tells you the keys are in the ignition (or something similar).

Your alarm could be draining your system by the way. Mine did, and I got it overhauled.... by stalling in a ford, 60cm deep, and drowning it... after which it now works like a dream.

getting new batteries (big b4st4rds) helped too, but my alt is on the way out now - lights staying on and the beep going after starting.

anyhows, the boyz on here are full of knowledge and always happy to help. they are a bit barmy mind.........
      If you're gonna be a bear... be a Grizzly.

Comment

Working...
      X