turbo not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
    i got a spare ecu from a 2.4 that if you want to borrow cover postage i'll send up on 24hr delivery if you wanted Gra
    thanks rich. i will let you all know what happens tomorow.i am so incredibly lucky to have a surf breaker near me,and he does diagnostics/repairs as well,but will let you all know tomorrow

cheers
    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Back off, I collared the punter first!

Sorry Vince i was offering to lend it not to sell it...
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

girls,girls,please
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Let me know if ya need to borrow my ECU dude!
          Alan
          www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

what about the air filter pipe is that split?

Comment

it gets worse.we have bled it this morning and have fuel up to each injector,its spitting out from each one.i cannot get more than 1000 rpm out of it and ther is a lot of grey blue smoke. and when you try to rev over 1000 rpm no revs but the engine misfires.
              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

something mark sugested when i had probs with mine was to tale the rubber elbowpipe off on the turbo and see what happens from there. be careful as this leave it very unprotected

Comment

we did that this morning neil.the turbo spins,but i think now that the turbo is not the issue.i think it may be pump/injector related. its cos it was starting to happen before we changed the filter,it was intermittent, but now does not rev at all
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

does it rev then die? have you checked faults? im also nearly 100% surethere is a small filter on the fuel system in the engine bay can't remember where tho, that could be blocked

Comment

it has just been towed up to the fuel injection persons near me.it revved up a couple of times then went dead lumpy.the guy there does shed loads of imports including surfs,which has eased my mind.he is pretty confident that as it is ticking over ok but cant generally rev,its fuel starvation.im gonna sit by the phone all day now waiting for him to call
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200 View Post
                        it gets worse.we have bled it this morning and have fuel up to each injector,its spitting out from each one.i cannot get more than 1000 rpm out of it and ther is a lot of grey blue smoke. and when you try to rev over 1000 rpm no revs but the engine misfires.
                        gwa had the same symptoms before my last mot filled the fuel filter with injector cleaner a couple of times ,
                        if you press accelerator does it misfire then send out the smoke or is the smoke constant??
                        Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker?? View Post
                          gwa had the same symptoms before my last mot filled the fuel filter with injector cleaner a couple of times ,
                          if you press accelerator does it misfire then send out the smoke or is the smoke constant??
                          pretty constant dave.it is still up at the fuel injection place,but they are thinking it may be an electrical rather than knackered something issue as occasionally it revs when prompted.i have just sent an appeal to stormy for an ecu to see if that is it
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

mine only kicked out a plume of smoke when it misfired
                            sounds a different prob then ,

good luck with it,

ps wheres my bumper end ??????
                            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Any news Graham??
                              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

weeelllll !!!!!

its at the fuel injection place,and there is a minor issue with the pump.,but there is an issue with the ecu,as yet unknown, apart from the fact that it sometimes works and sometimes dont,have got one coming clive and am keeping fingers crossed.
                                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                                X