turbo not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo not working

this morning the turbo was working intermittently.as of now its not working at all.the fuel filter was changed today and it runs,but wont rev past 1500 rpm.it splutters a wee bit and the turbo will not come in.i have checked the vac hoses from the air filter to the tps and whilst the j shaped pipe was a bit oily it is still on there.i have pulled the ecu fuse but as i isolate the batteries nightly i have little confidence in this working.
    the problem was intermittent this morning but it has now completely stopped working..any ideas anyone please
    Non intercooled nothing.

I would have thought TPS but also isnt there a sensor on air filter housing to do woth turbo a vac pressure sensor i think, if thats gubbed it wont tell turbo to kick in. But it does sound alot like ECU failure as thats the problem dee had with his, wouldnt rev passed a point and no turbo.

Other than that no idea
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Just read over on Matts forum. iDidn't want to reply as i'm keeping my posts at 0 on there for as long as poss just for fun you know. So i'll post on here instead. Have you had the intake pipe off to investigate?
      http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

sorry dude,what intake pipe ?

i have checked the pipe work from the sensoron the side of the air filter to the tps and the other pipe underneath.is there a vac pipe from the inlet manifold to the turbo ??
        i also pulled the turbo sensor on the air filter and it made the turbo light come on,although it didnt work,and reconnecting it made the turbo light go out again
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

are u sure u bleed all the air out from the fuel lines after the filter change

Comment

well it runs on tickover fine and will rev but now only to 1000 rpm and there is a lot of smoke,greyish in colour
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Sounds like your fuel pump is starved over fuell on 2 pots and none in others, when i ran out of diesel some time ago it took 20 minutes for her to run right again, i had to drive around at 15 mph for what seemd like forever until fuel filled pump again. Maybe that simple
              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Loosen the pipes off each injector in turn, with the engine running, to check them for air. Don't take the pipes off, just loosen them a wee baw hair until you see fuel coming from them.
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                  Loosen the pipes off each injector in turn, with the engine running, to check them for air. Don't take the pipes off, just loosen them a wee baw hair until you see fuel coming from them.

Loosen them a what?????

Comment

thanks guys.it was doing this before the fuel filter change.the filter was not totally gunked but had jelly like substance in the bottom.it would rev up this morning intermittently but when it stopped it wouldnt spool up the turbo.if it was suffering fuel starvation this morning would it have given the same result as this evening

and vince that silver star is very fetching
                    Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

if there was jelly shit in the filter it may be that the gauze on the feed from the tank is also clogged with the same jelly stuff. You got access to an airline to blow back down the pipe from the tank to the filter?
                      =========
                      =SOLD UP!=
                      =========

Comment

Thanks, but I prefer to call it a platinum star. Yours isn't too shabby either mate!

Anyhoo, your ECU maybe going into limp mode, anyone near you with a working 2.4 to try theirs?

My 2.4 ECU is for sale if you need one

Comment

i got a spare ecu from a 2.4 that if you want to borrow cover postage i'll send up on 24hr delivery if you wanted Gra
                          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                            Thanks, but I prefer to call it a platinum star. Yours isn't too shabby either mate!

Anyhoo, your ECU maybe going into limp mode, anyone near you with a working 2.4 to try theirs?

My 2.4 ECU is for sale if you need one
                            thanks vince,i will keep that very much in mind.my bro in law changed the filter today and all he did was prime the filter.we are going to try bleeding the injectors in the morning,and after that .....panic !!
                            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
                              i got a spare ecu from a 2.4 that if you want to borrow cover postage i'll send up on 24hr delivery if you wanted Gra

Back off, I collared the punter first!

Comment

Working...
                              X