Fuel Pump Leak Garage wont touch it!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by legendgamesmaster View Post
    star drivers not required - they are standard 13mm (i think) nut heads with added star internals.... at least mine were, i got em off with my socket set.

fun, innit!
    lol nope mine are smooth on the outside
    Its all fun and games till someone looses an eye!

Comment

Will this help?

How are you getting on with it now? I live not too far from you, in Norfolk in fact, if you are in a muddle I could come over and give you a hand at the weekend if you want, let me know.
      I have just done the belts, waterpump and head on mine and I am a mechanic by trade tho I am now retired.
      Just drop me an email and let me know what you think.
      John.

Comment

Originally posted by bowella View Post
        How are you getting on with it now? I live not too far from you, in Norfolk in fact, if you are in a muddle I could come over and give you a hand at the weekend if you want, let me know.
        I have just done the belts, waterpump and head on mine and I am a mechanic by trade tho I am now retired.
        Just drop me an email and let me know what you think.
        John.
        awesome as it is i couldn't even cover your diesel to get here but thanks anyway.

Comment

Ok, an update

Car alarm went into F mode last night, due to battery power being so low, finaly switched it off at 9am usin jump leads deactivated the alarm then took battery out, so dont have the alrm workin at night now.

Tried using star key to undo the metal guard underneath . . chewed up the bold unstantly so gave up on that idea, gonna have to think of another way. going horribly wrong.

had to turn a job down cos i couldnt get there,
          compleatly skint and the damn car i no nearer to gettin done. NOT a good week

Comment

Hey, don't worry about covering my diesel costs mate, that's not a problem, the problem is getting you and your Surf in a better mood !!!
            If it will help at all I will gladly come over and lend a hand, as I said I ain't too far from you, only about an hour or so, as for payment I WILL require frequent top-up's with tea, black, no sugar !!!
            If you can manage to boil the kettle I'll even bring me own tea bags !!
            Send me an email with your address and postcode so as I can find you and I'll be over.
            I take it you have got a reasonable amount of tools to use or should I bring some extras with me?
            Don't let the payment of diesel come into it, by the sounds of it you could do with some help, that's what we are here for
            Let me know what you want to do.
            Regards, John.

Comment

Hey, don't worry about covering my diesel costs mate, that's not a problem, the problem is getting you and your Surf in a better mood !!!
              If it will help at all I will gladly come over and lend a hand, as I said I ain't too far from you, only about an hour or so, as for payment I WILL require frequent top-up's with tea, black, no sugar !!!
              If you can manage to boil the kettle I'll even bring me own tea bags !!
              Send me an email with your address and postcode so as I can find you and I'll be over.
              I take it you have got a reasonable amount of tools to use or should I bring some extras with me?
              Don't let the payment of diesel come into it, by the sounds of it you could do with some help, that's what we are here for
              Let me know what you want to do.
              Regards, John.
              Well i got the in law comin over 2morra, dependin how much progress we make i'll let you know sat afternoon if i need help sunday?

Comment

John

Top man.
                Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Ok mate, Just let me know so as I can arrange things from this end.
                  You can phone me if you like on 01953 498287 , just leave a message if I'm out or you can phone for advice if you want and I'll try to help you.
                  Regards, John.

Comment

John

If I were you I'd delete post and PM him your tel nos you never know who'll be ringing you for your services.

Comment

Thank's Esamed, I'm afraid I am a bit old fasioned, I hate to see somone in a muddle, especially when it is so obvious that they are trying their best to help themselves, that type of person deserves to have some help in my opinion.
                      It's the lazy buggers that want everything done for them without lifting a finger that get right up my snout !!!
                      Well, if I can help anybody else I would be happy to do so, I don't think I should get any silly type calls from anyone on this forum, everyone seems respectable and sane !!!
                      Last edited by bowella; 7 March 2008, 18:01.

Comment

Thank's Esamed, I'm afraid I am a bit old fasioned, I hate to see somone in a muddle, especially when it is so obvious that they are trying their best to help themselves, that type of person deserves to have some help in my opinion.
                        It's the lazy buggers that want everything done for them without lifting a finger that get right up my snout !!!
                        Well, if I can help anybody else I would be happy to do so, I don't think I should get any silly type calls from anyone on this forum, everyone seems respectable and sane !!!
                        you really think so...
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

John

You deserve a medal, thought chaps like you long gone. Need my tailgate motor replacing when it arrives, fancy a trip to the sunny part of the world?

Steve

Comment

Another Update

RAD is out, woohooo

everything up to the starter motor is out

bottom bolt is out of it, still havnt found the top one i know its there i just dont, . . . ya know!?

well . . . Johns idea of usint the starter motor to loosen the main pulley din work . . . nearly melted the jump leads lol.

So we gonna have to do it the long way sadly.

quite alot of bits have been taken off . . mainly for access
                            weather aont lookin good for 2morra . . . but oh well.

G/F's dad is bringin a gazebo and more lighting (torches etc) so hopefully be putting things back 2morro

Comment

If the offer is still there i could do with some extra help 2morra you should be able to e-mail me via here

Comment

everything has ground to a halt

Bolt broke in the pump one of the 4 on the top cover (the spanner one not the allen key one) so gotto find a replacement, no idea why it sheared off was hardly any force on it

Comment

Working...
                                X