Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small Filter / 1 way Valve Nr Fuel Tank

Hi
    Anybody know if it is a filter or a 1 way valve. Located near Fuel Tank there are 2 Fuel lines that go towards the Engine and 1 from the top of Fuel Tank / Sender this is the one fitted with the Filter / Vave that goes over the top of the Fuel Tank and up to the Filler? It has a fitting direction arrow on it from the Tank towards the Filler and when removed there is NO Fuel in it which makes me think that it is a one way Valve but when you blow through it either way it will not shut off. Could this cause any problems ?
    Attached Files
    I'd Rather Have A 4" Lift Than A 4" Extension !!!

It's a non return valve in the tank breather pipe. Mine was completeley blocked and causing the tank to pressurize so I consigned it to the bin and re-routed the pipe up into the engine bay. By the way, on my 2nd gen the pipe didn't go up to the filler but into the inside of the chassis rail just behind the radius arm mount. Guess the wading had flooded the pipe and blocked the valve.
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

So the valve should allow air into the tank but stop fuel escaping the other way but mine is not closing in either direction when blown into so prob not working correctly although no fuel is escaping so not a big prob but I will replace it anyway though.
      Thanks, Andy
      I'd Rather Have A 4" Lift Than A 4" Extension !!!

Comment

Working...
      X