Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It Fired up today

Well chuffed by far my biggest mechanical acheivement to date

Bring on the supra project ( when it stops bludy raining)
    www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
      It Fired up today
      Well done
      I'm still waiting for this moment should be tomorrow
      I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by jotto View Post
        Well done
        I'm still waiting for this moment should be tomorrow
        Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Cheers jon we will be up this weekend for a cup of tea
          www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

I am in the same boat.

Well I just joined your forum and I'm impressed so far. I am a member at toyotadiesel.com and Ive learned alot but I come seeking your knowledge and expertise. I have ordered the ebay engine previously mentioned in this thread. Mdkl motors. I cant say that I am impressed with the shipping yet as I ordered the engine a month ago and still no motor. I have started to pull the motor hoping that it gets here soon. What a piece of a motor to yank out. I yanked rad out, the turbo, the ac is tucked away and so is the power steering pump. I am trying to pull off the intake but I think that I might be doing it for nothing. I want to know what things I have to remove to pull the motor. Can or should you pull it with the tranny and what are the tricks to doing the swap. Any help would be greatly appreciated. cheers.

Comment

You need to disconnect the torque converter from the fly wheel this will mean the engine will come out very easy as there is no shaft to clear and its nearly a vertical lift instead of pulling it 6" forward first.

I think there are six bolts on the torque converter, at the bottom of the bell housing there is a access area turn the engine around bit by bit by the front crank to get to each bolt.
              To undo the top engine bolts undo the engine mounts and lower the engine slightly.

Take your time and Carefully take of all the electricall plugs. I didn't and broke quite a few. Good luck
              www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

thanks

Im about to go and try that right now. I hope I can figure out the plugs when I put it back together. Heres another question, do guys remove the egr on the 2lte as well. I'm just curious what the sensors might do or if those should be vetod as well. thanks for the help

Comment

Really not having alot of luck with this job.

wired up the diesel cut of valve direct starts no problem. BUT
                  It's ticking over at a hundred miles an hour and knocking, could this be the pump diesel knock or is it likely the engine is F@cked (###### ebay)
                  www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

That sucks dude

So Im nervous because of what you say now. I ordered the same motor from mdkl motors a month ago and I am only receiving it in the next two days. I hope all goes well. I have a couple of questions for you guys. First I want to know what you guys do about the egr on the 2lte motors? I think it should be fine if not better without it but I just want some reassurance from someone who has already removed it. I also want to know if any of you have made there own intake from the turbo to the filter. I bought the truck with a blown motor and the previous owner lost it. Im thinking of using a ractive cone filter and making the pipe myself, my only concern is a that I believe that there are sensors in the intake pipe and I would of course not have these. If anyone has done this if you could please give me some advice or explain what those sensors are for. One other thing is I dont know what is entailed in timing one of these. Should I take the timing cover off and make sure that the donor engine is at top dead center and do the same to the new one before installing the injector pump. how does this all work. Pardon my ignorance but this my first diesel and i really dont know much about the finer details. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
                      Really not having alot of luck with this job.

wired up the diesel cut of valve direct starts no problem. BUT
                      It's ticking over at a hundred miles an hour and knocking, could this be the pump diesel knock or is it likely the engine is F@cked (###### ebay)
                      If the full range of plugs are not connected the engine will tick over at approx 1500rpm You will need the Throttle position sensor connected so the engine can sense the throttle position.

Has the engine any oil pressure, big end/ main end probs normally result in a lack of oil pressure
                      Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Hey Tiger

Did your motor come with an injector pump? Because mine did for some reason, no that I'm complaining. However I'm a little concerned because I don't know if it has been timed ( I don't know how to do it on a diesel either). Do you think that I will get the same problem as you if the intake pipe sensors are not connected? ( from the turbo to the intake) Because I don't have mine.

Comment

Originally posted by neutral View Post
                          Did your motor come with an injector pump? Because mine did for some reason, no that I'm complaining. However I'm a little concerned because I don't know if it has been timed ( I don't know how to do it on a diesel either). Do you think that I will get the same problem as you if the intake pipe sensors are not connected? ( from the turbo to the intake) Because I don't have mine.

Havn't had time to have a look at mine but it can only be a connection of or vaccume pipes. it's my own fault, we rushed pulling the old engine out and broke some connection.

Just take your time it will be no probs. You shouldn't have to touch the injector pump, Just line up all the tdc marks on your pulley Put your timing belt on then turn it over twice with a spanner on the bottom pulley bolt.
                          www.cnpbetterhomes.co.uk

Comment

so here is the update.

I got the engine ok. I found that if you can lower the motor past the motor mounts and install the upper tranny bolts its a breeze after that as long as your other holes line up. I got it running and it seems to be happy however I am not sure if the fuel pump is exactly at the right spot. I first ran it with the timing mark perfectly lined up and it stutters at low rpm. I was wondering if it was normal. When it gets above 2500 rpm it really flies. Should it be smooth throughout the rpm range. I think that it may have had to do with the pump so I lifted it up a little and it seemed to help a lot. I cant wait to drive it.

Comment

Working...
                            X