Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do Me A Favoure, Help With Turbo

Hi there.
    Just wondering if anybody knows what happens if the censor that attaches to the side of the air filter if it is not attached (on a manual, not automatic) as mine has been ripped off but iv'e got it still.
    Also if nobody knows, do me a favour and unattach it and see if the turbo still works.
    Stupid question i know but it might save be pricey garage time for the sake of just a censor.
    Thanks all
    Will
    Last edited by surf-wejd; 4 December 2007, 19:53.

You get no turbo light, and bugger all power.
    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

thanks for that. do you have any sigh of turbo power at all, my turbo light does not work and you cant feel the turbo at all, do you think that the missing censer is why and if i replaced it the turbo should work?
      thanks will

Comment

Normally, if the Turbo isn't making clanging noises its hard for it to not physically work and make pressure, but without the turbo pressure sensor to tell the ECU for deliver matching amounts of fuel, you won't get any extra oomph.

You don't say if you have a EFI motor or not, not sure how much it would effect a non-EFI motor with a mechanical fuel pump, but the EFI motors rely on the ECU to govern fuel delivery.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
          Normally, if the Turbo isn't making clanging noises its hard for it to not physically work and make pressure, but without the turbo pressure sensor to tell the ECU for deliver matching amounts of fuel, you won't get any extra oomph.

You don't say if you have a EFI motor or not, not sure how much it would effect a non-EFI motor with a mechanical fuel pump, but the EFI motors rely on the ECU to govern fuel delivery.
          tony would a non efi motor not have a boost pipe going into the pump body like a vac advance on a distributor.???
          www.overfab.uk

Comment

how would i tell if its an EFI or not, or am i just being dumb.

Comment

Tony, could you edit the first paragraph, you sound like a foreigner .

Comment

Originally posted by surf-wejd
                Itll be written on turbo hard piping
                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

does it have efi written in big red letters across the turbo to inlet manifold pipe.????
                  www.overfab.uk

Comment

no all it says is turbo-d 2LT

Comment

no all it says is turbo-d 2LT
                      right so its non efi and wont have a sensor.
                      www.overfab.uk

Comment

ok so its not a EFI, but i have the censor its just ripped off from the wires.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                          Tony, could you edit the first paragraph, you sound like a foreigner .
                          Are you insulting my ethnic background?

Comment

ok so its not a EFI, but i have the censor its just ripped off from the wires.
                            ah its all coming back to me now did you post before about broken sensor wires and have you tried to get a new sensor.????
                            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Are you insulting my ethnic background?

well you will go round covered from head to toe in dirty engine oil tony.
                              www.overfab.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X