Diesel Leak - Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diesel Leak - Help Please

First appologies for my mechanical ignorance.

We have a 'J' Surf with a 2.4LTD which is leaking diesel and letting air into the fuel system making it a pain to start. I can see where the diesel is
    coming from but I don't know what it is called.

Looking from the front on the right/front side of the block there is a rectangular 'box' with a allen headed screw at each corner. On the top there is a 'valve' with a spring and a ball inside and also a electrical 'sensor'. The diesel is leaking from the large nut which holds the 'sensor' in place. We have undone the nut, there is a locking washer/flange underneath but no kind of seal or gasket etc.

What is this box?
    Any suggestions on a fix?

Thanks

Ian.

Hi Ian and welcome to the forum (nuthouse)

Try this link for info on fuel leaks http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...light=seal+kit

Also do a search for fuel pump, seal kits etc

Milners - http://www.milneroffroad.com/
    My other cars a QUAD
    (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
    http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Thanks for the info.

What is the 'valve' on the top of the pump called? (The one with the ball and spring inside). I have sheared the bolt that holds the spring in. It is a short bolt that is drilled out. Does anyone know if you can buy this bolt or will an undrilled replacement work ok? There will be more tension on the spring.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Cowburn
        First appologies for my mechanical ignorance.

We have a 'J' Surf with a 2.4LTD which is leaking diesel and letting air into the fuel system making it a pain to start. I can see where the diesel is
        coming from but I don't know what it is called.

Looking from the front on the right/front side of the block there is a rectangular 'box' with a allen headed screw at each corner. On the top there is a 'valve' with a spring and a ball inside and also a electrical 'sensor'. The diesel is leaking from the large nut which holds the 'sensor' in place. We have undone the nut, there is a locking washer/flange underneath but no kind of seal or gasket etc.

What is this box?
        Any suggestions on a fix?

Thanks

Ian.
        Thats your fuel pump mate, and the lardge nut retains the stop sensor, youll need to undo the 4 alan bolts and take the lid off, then push sensor down out of 'lid' the lid should come away and you should see a rubber seal, this needs to be replaced with a seal kit from milners £14 + post, and youll need to get some o-rings from likes of b&q so that you can replace the one for the sensor.

That should be the end of your problems, make sure that what your looking at is the same as what im describing, Im talikng about the injection pump.
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Cheers mate mine has just developed a leak from the diesel injection pump and was just gonna come on ere to ask where the best place to order the seals from.

Chris

Next job. New Head.

Comment

Working...
          X