Milner Rad For LN130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milner Rad For LN130

Oh dear I've only gone and bought a Milner rad!

Ok, here's the story: Noticed I was losing a little coolant and on closer inspection spotted weeping from the rad top tank and in three places it was perforated with pin holes. So seeing as I was due for a cam belt change decided to order a replacement rad from Milner along with the water pump, thermostat and belt tensioner (that's another story!). Incidenatlly, I got the belt from Toyota - wasn't going to risk a £15 belt versus a genuine £27!

So back to the rad.... new one arrived in nice big box, well packed. Pulled it out to check it was Ok and, erm, well .... have they sent me the wrong one I thought. The replacement has a rad cap aperture in the top tank with overflow nozzle, 4 mounting pegs (2 top, 2 bottom) and absolutely no way of mounting the fan shroud - it looks totally different from the original.

Anyone else had one of these rads and do they actually fit???? Yes I have read several of the threads about them only lasting a matter of months.

Jonathan
    '93 SSR-X LN130

Originally posted by daedalusminos
    Oh dear I've only gone and bought a Milner rad!

Ok, here's the story: Noticed I was losing a little coolant and on closer inspection spotted weeping from the rad top tank and in three places it was perforated with pin holes. So seeing as I was due for a cam belt change decided to order a replacement rad from Milner along with the water pump, thermostat and belt tensioner (that's another story!). Incidenatlly, I got the belt from Toyota - wasn't going to risk a £15 belt versus a genuine £27!

So back to the rad.... new one arrived in nice big box, well packed. Pulled it out to check it was Ok and, erm, well .... have they sent me the wrong one I thought. The replacement has a rad cap aperture in the top tank with overflow nozzle, 4 mounting pegs (2 top, 2 bottom) and absolutely no way of mounting the fan shroud - it looks totally different from the original.

Anyone else had one of these rads and do they actually fit???? Yes I have read several of the threads about them only lasting a matter of months.

Jonathan
    '93 SSR-X LN130
    Sounds like they have sent you the wrong one

http://www.toyotahilux.com/?doc=16&cid=149&vid=528
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

thats not a 2.4 rad if there's a rad cap on the rad thats a 3l rad i would of thought
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks guys - just phoned Milner and they confirmed it is the wrong radiator and they're sending a replacement

Jonathan

Comment

my milner rad is now 6 months old and suffering from no problems.

apparentley it was redesigned to incorporate a toughrt top end,and like i said no problems at all
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

My rad fom Milners is just six months old and has developed a leak from the weld around the drain plug.

I had no idea there is an issue with rads purchased from Milners.

I have received a replacement (but not yet fitted as I decided to sort out the heater matrix at the same time !!!) and filled out the warranty claim form. Sent the faulty rad back and now waiting for the outcome.

Naturally I will be very unhappy if I end up being charged for the replacement.
            Last edited by icsys; 21 October 2007, 15:57.
            Ian
            One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Had mine on 12 months now. Original was faulty but I gave them a ring, sorted out the warranty, walked in the shop and straight back out with the new (current) one. They might make msitakes but who doesn't, but their customer service was spot on IMHO.
              Keep your friends close and a hammer closer

Comment

No probs with customer service.
                Replacement arrived next day and the claim was accepted once they received the old rad.

Unlike the old one, this new one has brass compression fittings for the A/T oil pipes.
                Ian

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                  my milner rad is now 6 months old and suffering from no problems.

apparentley it was redesigned to incorporate a toughrt top end,and like i said no problems at all
                  wel blow me down,its leaking(the second one)

have now ordered a roughtrax one for peace of mind
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Well Milner delivered the replacement (and picked up the incorrect) radiator on Tuesday as promised so I can't fault their customer service either. I must say that the replacement 'looks' good quality (it has the manufacturer part number KSRAD0011 whoever that is) but I guess time will tell. One comment that I would make is that whilst Milners shipping packaging is excellent (3' square box packed out with foam), the manufacturers primary packaging is not! The AT oil union pipes were not plugged and had burst through the side of the box so not only could dirt have entered but the bottom tank could have been stressed around the union attach points. Bit of a shame as the unions screw on and the rad could have been supplied without these installed (and of course the holes bunged).

Jonathan

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                      wel blow me down,its leaking(the second one)

have now ordered a roughtrax one for peace of mind
                      Looks like the Milner rads that were supplied and sold about six months ago were a bad batch !!!

I've just finished fitting my second after a thorough flush out of the system. Will wait until daylight though before starting her up.
                      Ian

Comment

Working...
                      X