• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is there more damage than i thought

hi all
    iam putting my surf back on the road
    its a SSRG 2.4 TD auto on a k plate
    i off roaded it to death when i first got it got stuck in 3ft of real poo(still smell it a bit to this day (that was 3 years ago
    after that when it got hot inter cooler kicked in
    it spat out atf from some where underneath (no idea why)
    i allso spoted that there are bolts missing from the manafold (its been blowing)
    dodgy work manship before i got it (cough cough bradford motors)
    but at the time i was having fun and just carryed on playing did i do more damage if so what did i do too it (only 2 weeks to go and its in the work shop)
    just need to make sure i covered every thing
    and most of you lot seem to know ya stuff so if any one can piont to what needs doing i will be very greatfull

its got a real shoping list with it so a few more things wont hurt me too much
    Last edited by JUDWAK; 2 October 2007, 00:16.
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Call me thick (most people would), but I didn't quite follow that.
    Is your truck not running?
    Is it overheating?
    Is it losing atf all the time?
    Unless you've had it fitted aftermarket, you shouldn't have an intercooler.Do you mean that the electric fan is cutting in as well as the viscous coupling fan?
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by JUDWAK
      hi all
      iam putting my surf back on the road
      its a SSRG 2.4 TD auto on a k plate
      i off roaded it to death when i first got it got stuck in 3ft of real poo(still smell it a bit to this day (that was 3 years ago
      after that when it got hot inter cooler kicked in
      it spat out atf from some where underneath (no idea why)
      i allso spoted that there are bolts missing from the manafold (its been blowing)
      dodgy work manship before i got it (cough cough bradford motors)
      but at the time i was having fun and just carryed on playing did i do more damage if so what did i do too it (only 2 weeks to go and its in the work shop)
      just need to make sure i covered every thing
      and most of you lot seem to know ya stuff so if any one can piont to what needs doing i will be very greatfull

its got a real shoping list with it so a few more things wont hurt me too much
      Change diff and transferbox oils , get the coolant tested for exaust gasses ( head overheat causes cracks) , clean autobox oil filter , Atf may be a seal or torque converter problems ..........
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

sorry for spellings iam hard to fallow i know

my truck is not running(but it runns but needs work) i parked it up 3 years ago to stop me killing it fully
        its tuck some hammer of me (had 14 cars since then non has good has the surf) taken long time to get girl friend off my back about the cost of off roading (ya know)
        now i want it tip top again but iam worryed that i may have done more damage that i first thought (iam car clueless)
        smokes its nutts off but i think thats down to it sucking air in from manafold
        it dont over heat it just kicks out ATF only when hot while the inter cooler kicks in ATF comes out its not allways spiting ATF out just when the inter cooler kicks in
        it only started to spit out ATF after i got stuck in a 3ft deep pile of **it
        it was like it cloged some thing (or carnt that happen?)

need tips please thanks for your replys guys cheers
        Last edited by JUDWAK; 2 October 2007, 01:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
          Change diff and transferbox oils , get the coolant tested for exaust gasses ( head overheat causes cracks) , clean autobox oil filter , Atf may be a seal or torque converter problems ..........
          will order all oils and filters thanks for the tip

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick
            Call me thick
            You're thick!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Where is the ATF coming out? The dipstick tube, or somewhere else?

'Intercooler kicks in' ..... do you mean the Turbo? an intercooler, if you have one, dosn't do anything by itself, it just cools the air going into the motor.

what colour smoke, generally water/steam is whitish (bad news) blueish is oil, (not so good either), or black sooty smoke is not so bad, normally needs a good service or injector/fuel pumpo issues.

Comment

sorry for spellings iam hard to fallow i know

my truck is not running(but it runns but needs work) i parked it up 3 years ago to stop me killing it fully
                its tuck some hammer of me (had 14 cars since then non has good has the surf) taken long time to get girl friend off my back about the cost of off roading (ya know)
                now i want it tip top again but iam worryed that i may have done more damage that i first thought (iam car clueless)
                smokes its nutts off but i think thats down to it sucking air in from manafold
                it dont over heat it just kicks out ATF only when hot while the inter cooler kicks in ATF comes out its not allways spiting ATF out just when the inter cooler kicks in
                it only started to spit out ATF after i got stuck in a 3ft deep pile of **it
                it was like it cloged some thing (or carnt that happen?)

need tips please thanks for your replys guys cheers

Are you sure its atf????

the original coolant as a redy brown coulor to it, this can be mistaken for atf.

You say that its leaking atf when intercooler kicks in? what intercooler???

unless you or somebody before you as fitted an intercooler you wont have one!! plus an intercooler wont have that effect on the atf!!

you either mean "oil cooler" or are getting confused with the rad!!!!

my limited knowledge is that you mean the electric fan at the front of the rad is coming on and the a redy brown liquid is escaping from underneath somewhere..if this is so you rads busted.. and may have other faults that go with a busted rad (i dont wanna say it) help!! before you dig any deeper i would find out what the fluid is!! I see you live in rotherham if ya not far from me i may be able to share my limited knowledge and try to detect what is going off...
                CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

for what ever reason my surf has got an intercooler (had it on when i got it)
                  and it is ATF thats spits out comes from some where near the gear box
                  rad and all fans are ok
                  but my surf has got an intercooler (like second rad but with 2 realy big fanns i got plate fitted to cover it so i hope its still there)
                  i dont know if the inter cooler is like a car or a lorry
                  cars dont have oiled cooled intercoolers (cools gears)
                  some lorrys do (use gear oil to cool the gears)

how do the sufe ones work are they just air flow r do they use ATF to cool the gear box??

i did take it to a 4x4 specleist and he was clueless with it too
                  i tryed every where
                  it drops ATF when i hear something kick in
                  (LN130)
                  i live in eastwood (top end so stop looking worryed)

oil odered thanks and all injectors
                  Last edited by JUDWAK; 2 October 2007, 10:52.

Comment

if you are on about the rad and fans under the engine then that is the air con which is protected by the bash plate
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i thought the air con was ran by the pullys on the engen a sliver looking thing? init?
                      all my surf is in jap wrighting toyota told me i got what they call an odd ball
                      said it was a ssrg but with a hilux/hiace engen in it (if that makes any sence to any one it dont to me)
                      i have compared it to my mate surf when he had his
                      mine sat 2" lower than his (wich is no good for off roading)
                      and my enegn was sat the other way to his (my engen crank shaft pully is faceing the front grill)
                      dont know if they are all like that or it was his that was differant

but if you say that thing under my surf (like a big rad with 2 huge fans on it)
                      is not an intercooler
                      then why is there AFT spitting out when that big thing kicks in?
                      any one make sence of that

Comment

i thought the air con was ran by the pullys on the engen a sliver looking thing? init?
                        all my surf is in jap wrighting toyota told me i got what they call an odd ball
                        said it was a ssrg but with a hilux/hiace engen in it (if that makes any sence to any one it dont to me)
                        i have compared it to my mate surf when he had his
                        mine sat 2" lower than his (wich is no good for off roading)
                        and my enegn was sat the other way to his (my engen crank shaft pully is faceing the front grill)
                        dont know if they are all like that or it was his that was differant

but if you say that thing under my surf (like a big rad with 2 huge fans on it)
                        is not an intercooler
                        then why is there AFT spitting out when that big thing kicks in?
                        any one make sence of that
                        Nope! It's fawking hard to read!! It's 'Engine' dude, among other things!!

The A/C compressor is the silver thing driven by the belts, the A/C rad or condenser is the big rad under the car, with the 2 fans on it.

All Surf motors crank pulleys face the rad, it won't work anyother way!

Someone could have plumbed the AFT fluid to run through the A/C rad instead of the normal cooler inside the main rad and done away with the A/C, and it could be leaking.

Comment

Well I was going to oblige Maverick by saying Hello THICK, how are you today, but looks like Tony has taken care of it and in any case I think Im probably thick as well. I think ive got the general gist of the thread but each new post just makes my brain hurt for a while

Bogus
                          Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
                            Well I was going to oblige Maverick by saying Hello THICK, how are you today, but looks like Tony has taken care of it and in any case I think Im probably thick as well. I think ive got the general gist of the thread but each new post just makes my brain hurt for a while

Bogus
                            Well it's nice to know you all care
                            Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

thanks guys for taking a few hours the read my posts
                              my spelling is realy bad (learnt my self to read and wright) so please bare with me
                              iam thank full for the input
                              tonnyN sounds spot on what you said to me
                              my ac dont work that maybe why i will look in to it

what about the mana fold blowing its nuts off (only 2 bolts in it)
                              i have done about 27. thousand mile with the mana fold blowing like that
                              and every now and again (on tick over) it makes a sound like
                              a diesel JCB on easystart (or sniffer)
                              could i have damaged any other things by running it in this way

iam really sorry for my spelling but feel free to have ago about it i wont take it the wrong way
                              read it in a yorkshire acent you be fine
                              Last edited by JUDWAK; 2 October 2007, 19:38.

Comment

Working...
                              X