yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Code 12 Timing control Valve (pump) again!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code 12 Timing control Valve (pump) again!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all, I need some help with my 1992 2.4 EFI TD Surf

History so Far> Had for 6 months, Problems from the start with the check light coming on on hills or under load code 12

Checked all vac hoses, connections, tried backing off fuel cap, run redex all the time in tank (diesel only) new air, fuel filters, new filter housing (primer pump) tried the screw adjustment on injection pump, all to no result!!!

Have just completed a 8 hour job changing the injecter pump for a recon unit
    started fine, seem good to pull away, got up to 70 on duel carrageway going well then the check light came on again, done the test across the terminals and got code 12 coming up again AHHHHHHHHHH

Has anyone got any more ideas PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
    Up Hills a struggle, life's a bitch

Originally posted by DaveHardy
    Hi all, I need some help with my 1992 2.4 EFI TD Surf

History so Far> Had for 6 months, Problems from the start with the check light coming on on hills or under load code 12

Checked all vac hoses, connections, tried backing off fuel cap, run redex all the time in tank (diesel only) new air, fuel filters, new filter housing (primer pump) tried the screw adjustment on injection pump, all to no result!!!

Have just completed a 8 hour job changing the injecter pump for a recon unit
    started fine, seem good to pull away, got up to 70 on duel carrageway going well then the check light came on again, done the test across the terminals and got code 12 coming up again AHHHHHHHHHH

Has anyone got any more ideas PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Did you re-set the ECU? If you didn't, the fault will still be logged.

Disconnect the batteries for 20 mins to re-set.

Comment

Yes reset ecu, had both batterys of for a day to make it easier to do the work
      Ps, changed timing belt at smae time and triple checked timing before putting every thing back in, so timing is 100% fine
      Up Hills a struggle, life's a bitch

Comment

codes faults could be 1/ the actual unit the code relates to, 2/ the wiring to the unit, or 3/ the ECU.

If you've changed the pump, you need to focus on the other 2, as long as your sure the pump was OK in the first place.

Code 12's are bugger, normally last resort is to change the whole pump and thats what fixes it.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Working...
        X