Biofuel - I am going to do it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Hornet
    The leak, I believe, is caused by the viscosity of the Veg oil. I had exactly the same thing. When I reverted to straight Derv it disappeared.
    I am acquiring an oil heater, the twin glow plug type, with thermostat to switch them off, when coolants up to temp to heat the oil. Hopefully, this will eradicate the leak as the oil will be thinned out. If not I'll lob in 5L of unleaded per tank, to help.
    How much are you paying for the heater? Is it a Vow unit? Saw the twin plug one on eBay for £60 odd.
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

£90. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Vegetable-Oil-...QQcmdZViewItem

This looks better, made IMO, than the Vow2 and has all the parts and additional hoses etc. It seems to be a more comprehensive kit .

sIMON

Comment

sorry
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ballibeg
          Any veg used this month still needs tax paying. You must still register. It ain't worth a dip and fine.

Dave
          Is the tax law on veg changing next month then?
          have i missed somthing?
          any info would be a great help

Comment

If you use less than 2500 litres a year its tax free!

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Granville
              Is the tax law on veg changing next month then?
              have i missed somthing?
              any info would be a great help
              you will be de-registered and no duty to be paid on biofuel or fuel substitutes from 1st july
              https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Just been reading the other posts on this.

Looks like the best news for ages.
                Off to get some veggie ready for next month. It will be good to get the truck smelling like a chippy again.

Comment

Phucking YERSE!!!!!
                  That's great news :o)!!!!!
                  www.myspace.com/conandoomconan

Comment

Originally posted by The Hornet
                    The leak, I believe, is caused by the viscosity of the Veg oil. I had exactly the same thing. When I reverted to straight Derv it disappeared.
                    I am acquiring an oil heater, the twin glow plug type, with thermostat to switch them off, when coolants up to temp to heat the oil. Hopefully, this will eradicate the leak as the oil will be thinned out. If not I'll lob in 5L of unleaded per tank, to help.
                    It's not the viscosity per se, just that the SVO makes any borderline seals weep. Reverting to derv usually sorts the leak. Getting a seal kit from Milners will sort it. It tends to be the upper pump seals that cause the leak. They can be replaced, (awkwardly), with the pump insitu.

Comment

I replaced the 2 at the top and still got a leak when putting high amounts of veg in. There must be one underneath that needs changing as well.

I'm not getting in to taking the pump off and changing them all.
                      Hopefully the in line heater will thin it enugh to stop this.

Comment

I am in smug mode - as soon as I filled my first tank from the lovely people at enfuels.co.uk I had a grin on my face. People assume you're a gas guzzler not a recycler

I think the 89ppl they charge at enfuels won't decrease as they are a commercial operation - as I left the local council bus arrived with stickers heralding its enviro friendlyness!

Thanks so much for the guide looks like a gem of a site too

Comment

Working...
                        X