Well now I have smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well now I have smoke

Surf running fine - topped up with oil weekend, noticed a tear in the hose from the air filter - taped it up for now till I can replace it. Went for a run - drives lovely - seems smoother. Next day starts up - tones of black smoke, happened to have bought a Redex day before - chucked it in an fueled up, went for a blast up the bypass. Did it clear ??? nope. Ok so I get under the bonnet last night - oil comin from every joint in the hoses from rocker cover, air filter upto the Turbo. Engine breathing fine - cleaned the pipe from the rocker cover. Didnt have time to do all others. Started up and seemed fine. Today lots of smoke 2nd and 3rd gear change. Not so bad if I don't accelarate hard. Had another look round and oil leak from turbo to the elbow hose (sorry not sure what it's called) Is this a coincidence and my turbo is about to s*%^ itself or could it be something else?????? Oh I have tried the disconnecting of the batteries for half an hour already just in case. Any advice appreciated.... Oh - no loss of power either.
    How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Originally posted by Bibs
    Surf running fine - topped up with oil weekend, noticed a tear in the hose from the air filter - taped it up for now till I can replace it. Went for a run - drives lovely - seems smoother. Next day starts up - tones of black smoke, happened to have bought a Redex day before - chucked it in an fueled up, went for a blast up the bypass. Did it clear ??? nope. Ok so I get under the bonnet last night - oil comin from every joint in the hoses from rocker cover, air filter upto the Turbo. Engine breathing fine - cleaned the pipe from the rocker cover. Didnt have time to do all others. Started up and seemed fine. Today lots of smoke 2nd and 3rd gear change. Not so bad if I don't accelarate hard. Had another look round and oil leak from turbo to the elbow hose (sorry not sure what it's called) Is this a coincidence and my turbo is about to s*%^ itself or could it be something else?????? Oh I have tried the disconnecting of the batteries for half an hour already just in case. Any advice appreciated.... Oh - no loss of power either.

Sounds like it's just a build up of oil in the intake pipes that's come from the rocker cover breather.
    It accumulates in the rubber elbow that connects onto the turbo intake and eventually dribbles out.
    What's the condition of the air filter, is it clean?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      Sounds like it's just a build up of oil in the intake pipes that's come from the rocker cover breather.
      It accumulates in the rubber elbow that connects onto the turbo intake and eventually dribbles out.
      Bout 4 weeks old but not checked if there is any oil in there

Just moved it off drive to let the other half in the garage and no smoke!!!!!!! Whats goin on???

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs
        Bout 4 weeks old but not checked if there is any oil in there

Just moved it off drive to let the other half in the garage and no smoke!!!!!!! Whats goin on???

Most likely worn injectors then. They have about a 70,000 mile lifespan.

Your options are, starting with the cheapest.........

Put up with the occasional smoke.
        Get you injectors re-conditioned.
        Re-new the injectors.

Comment

Most likely worn injectors then. They have about a 70,000 mile lifespan.

Your options are, starting with the cheapest.........

Put up with the occasional smoke.
          Get you injectors re-conditioned.
          Re-new the injectors.
          Cheers Vince,

Off to the man friday so will look into this when I get back. If it survives tomorrow that is.

Bibs

Comment

Hi Vince

Checked the airfilter - its clean. Truck smoked again this morning - left work this afternoon and drove 12 miles with it smokin, then when I left the yard to go home 20 mins after stoppin no smoke!!! Would this happen if the injectors were at fault. Sorry to sound daft but I would have thought it would smoke all the time.

Comment

Update

Forgot to post this

Had the EGR valve blocked and massive reduction in smoke. Cheers guys

Comment

Working...
              X