Surf Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Questions

I have recently purchased a 92 Surf LN130 from an importer. I have a few questions that I thought someone might be able to answer.

1. When I turn on my headlights (without a key in ignition) my dashboard lights up (thats normal) as well as the fan comes on. Why would the fan come on when the headlights are switched on.

2. I have a Carrozzeria stereo that I believe is stock. None of the rear speakers are working. Is there a simple fix for this? Or do I not have rear speakers?

3. When I turn on the key and allow the glow plugs time to heat up, 5 seconds later I hear a continuous beep sound. Does this mean I can now start the vehicle?

4. When I shift into reverse, I hear a beeping noise. Am I doing something wrong, or do Japanese people need an alarm to remind them they are in reverse?

5. Does anyone know of a parts supplier in Canada for 2.4T?

6. Does anyone have an electronic copy of the owners manual that they could send me?

7. Could you explain what kind of 4WD I have ? I don't mean for that to sound like a stupid question, but without a front differential, will both front wheels turn with full power? And this is why its so bad to drive on dry pavement in 4WD?

Thanks for the help! I need it!

SkydiverBC

Originally posted by SkydiverBC
    I have recently purchased a 92 Surf LN130 from an importer. I have a few questions that I thought someone might be able to answer.

1. When I turn on my headlights (without a key in ignition) my dashboard lights up (thats normal) as well as the fan comes on. Why would the fan come on when the headlights are switched on.

is the ignition on to?

2. I have a Carrozzeria stereo that I believe is stock. None of the rear speakers are working. Is there a simple fix for this? Or do I not have rear speakers?

Best thing you can do is remove stereo and replace with your own sourced unit!!

3. When I turn on the key and allow the glow plugs time to heat up, 5 seconds later I hear a continuous beep sound. Does this mean I can now start the vehicle?

thats what i do, then she starts first time, if i let the light go out then start straight away it needs a few turns before she will start.

4. When I shift into reverse, I hear a beeping noise. Am I doing something wrong, or do Japanese people need an alarm to remind them they are in reverse?

Its a jap thing!

5. Does anyone know of a parts supplier in Canada for 2.4T?

No sorry! but there are a few members from canada they may be able to help..

6. Does anyone have an electronic copy of the owners manual that they could send me?

Sorry no! you can buy an hard copy from e-blag.

7. Could you explain what kind of 4WD I have ? I don't mean for that to sound like a stupid question, but without a front differential, will both front wheels turn with full power? And this is why its so bad to drive on dry pavement in 4WD?

You have no centre diff!! so this means all wheels wiil travel at the same speed, not good for hard surface

Thanks for the help! I need it!

SkydiverBC
    Oh and welcome!!!
    CHEERS JOHN................

Comment

Glovebox manual downloadable from here.
      Wax on, wax off

Comment

Thanks to the downloadable manual I now know where to look for the glow plug indicator light. It seems to only light up for about 1/2 a second before going out. Is that normal?

Can anyone give me a part number for the oil filter so I can try sourcing a local supplier - thanks! 92 2.4T

Comment

And one more question (I know thats a lie, give me a few more days to see something else...) What is the small corner mirror for? All it shows is few inches along my rear bumper. Should it show something else? It does not seem adjustable.

Comment

And one more question (I know thats a lie, give me a few more days to see something else...) What is the small corner mirror for? All it shows is few inches along my rear bumper. Should it show something else? It does not seem adjustable.

The small mirror is for seeing where the kerb is when parking. Doesn't apply to you 'cos you all drive on the wrong side of the road over there!

It is adjustable, just prise off the rear cover. It may be rusty behind there though.

Comment

Iam a BC owner as well. iam currently waiting on lordco to bing me a oil filter from thier warehouse. tomorrow i should be able to tell you frame filter part number.

you can tell them that you need a filter just like this one part# Z334

Its really really hard to get part from what i have found so far, but as long as you have the Part number form some where else Lordco should be able to get you the right part. so far so good for me

Comment

I find this site to be great for info, Part#, How to's, General info.

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/

Comment

corner mirror

I tried to get the cover off of the corner mirror to adjust it, but all I have been able to do is damage the paint. Are there better instructions then "just pry it off", I appreciate the help, its just not working.....

Comment

There is a trim type plug in the outer side. You need to remove this first. It is, if I remember correctly, the type where you push the centre pin in slightly and then pull the plug out. The cover will then slide toward front of vehicle and off.

Nev

Comment

I am sooooo close to getting it off. The pin looks like it needs the center pulled out to loosen the plug, but sheer force seems to work as well. The top half will pull away slightly but it seems locked in at the bottom. I am concerned that I might break something if I pull any harder. Does the bottom section slide straight forward or does it hook inside the housing somehow? The bottom just does not want to move...

Thanks for the help so far!

Comment

The pin looks like it needs the center pulled out to loosen the plug
                        I think you are correct. Been a while since I did mine and replaced the plug.

There are a couple of small hooked sections on cover opposite side of the plug hole. Just wiggle the cover forward starting at the section where the plug is and then at the bottom and the hooks should release.

Best way I can describe it is it's a bit like a hinge. It pivots on the hooks and locks via the plug.

Nev

Comment

Working...
                        X