Never cut corners !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Never cut corners !!!

Well the engine swap is complete hooked the batteries up , turned her over to get oil pressure up, drank half a gallon of diesel getting fuel up to filter (does not like pumping it uphill, truck still on stands) fire her up and......................... oil leaking out of oil cooler manifold on side of block!!!
    The annoying thing is i removed this while engine was out to replace gasket and found it was set like concrete, tried the one on the other block to see how easy gasket was to get off and it was a nightmare...........so thinking the easiest way was to replace with existing gasket and a thin layer of gasket cement, big mistake! So now i have got to struggle to remove it in situ and replace the gasket anyway.... B###er, still at least it runs well with no knocks.... The saga continues !!!

Well gasket replaced, only had to remove aircon pump, turbo, exhaust manifold....... Took it for a quick test drive... sure drives different to my old first gen. Still cant complain 1st gen just went through another mot just needed a handbrake cable which they broke during the test. Got to decide now whether to keep 1st gen or sell her

Comment

Originally posted by fenman666
      Got to decide now whether to keep 1st gen or sell her
      rhetorical question i trust
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Yes of course ..its just that after 5 years of trouble free motoring in the 1st gen sods law says if i sell her and use my 2nd gen as daily driver something is bound to go wrong lol !!
        I know that there seems to be a constant flow of head related disasters on here, i should imagine that of the many thousands of surfs imported here, this is only a few that end up this way. After all said and done this is where people come to get advice on problems like heads and rear windows so while doing a search it seems like its a common thing.

Comment

Working...
        X