fan stays on constantly!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fan stays on constantly!

Only noticed on saturday(think thats when it started)after a good run that the fan on drivers side at behind grill seems to be running constantly,whereas before it onl came on when car was hot.i found a wire had broken that goes into just under water/coolant cap,a friend who knows diesel engines quite well (tho not surfs)reckons it could be sender unit,is this right?any other reason for this and how do i put it right?will it cause any damage if i keep driving while it is on like this?cheers for any answers<much appreciated!

Originally posted by alwoowar
    Only noticed on saturday(think thats when it started)after a good run that the fan on drivers side at behind grill seems to be running constantly,whereas before it onl came on when car was hot.i found a wire had broken that goes into just under water/coolant cap,a friend who knows diesel engines quite well (tho not surfs)reckons it could be sender unit,is this right?any other reason for this and how do i put it right?will it cause any damage if i keep driving while it is on like this?cheers for any answers<much appreciated!
    The wire you are talking about is the fan switch, if it is broken off then the fan will run continuously.
    Get a new switch, problem solved
    If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

Originally posted by alwoowar
      You could take the fuse out which is in the box under the bonnet, but for a short while shouldn't be too much of a problem leaving it running
      If it aint broke dont fix it

Comment

cheers mate,i had a feeling that may have been it,certainly hadnt noticed it before and i serviced it for mot abot three weeks ago.it had a new engine put in at 40,000,before i bought it and i think it was put in by cowboys!

Comment

Pic of wires
          (\__/)
          (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
          (")_(")

Comment

thanks marky,that pic helps me out 100%! exactly the wire i was on about.i shall be dealing with that tomorrow,what a wonderful website this is,lol!

Comment

Working...
            X