alternative exhausts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
    That tailpipe is fine, it'll pass the MOT.
    Cheers, one less thing to worry about!! What about the noise
    Powered by Toyota!

Comment

Originally posted by chrisinflight
      Cheers, one less thing to worry about!! What about the noise

No worries!
      As long as the exhaust gasses exit away from the vehicle, and the sound level is not deafening, then it'll be fine.

My exhaust isn't any louder than stock, and It's only about three feet long!!!

Mine passed the MOT.

Comment

Mines pretty loud!! but it aint deafening by anymeans! How much did the SS pipes cost you mate?? I had it already installed on my truck when i got it with a massive tail pipe!

Comment

I've been thinking a lot recently (a bottle of rouge helps!!).

Exhausts. Why is it that snorkels always come out of the front end?

Has anyone ever adapted/extended their rear end pipe, to take fumes up and over the back roof of the vehicle? This would seem like a simple answer, rather than cutting holes in wings etc, etc.

Could it be done do you think?

Ferret
          "Canis Auxilio Servimus"

Comment

Originally posted by The Ferret
            I've been thinking a lot recently (a bottle of rouge helps!!).

Exhausts. Why is it that snorkels always come out of the front end?

Has anyone ever adapted/extended their rear end pipe, to take fumes up and over the back roof of the vehicle? This would seem like a simple answer, rather than cutting holes in wings etc, etc.

Could it be done do you think?

Ferret

Dude, I think you've had enough rouge!

Snorkels are for air intake, thats why they're up high to keep water out.
            Exhausts blow out, they don't suck in.

Comment

engine in the boot?
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

Oh!!!!!

I feel a pillock!
                "Canis Auxilio Servimus"

Comment

Comment

got a good looking transit centre box, same diam. pipe as front pipe, looks like it'll be exiting forward of the rear wheel at the side. will pass on part nos if anyones interested...£46 with clamps and some lenghts of threaded rod...maybe have a go at it this week end and take some pics,

oh rear springs..planning a 2 inch body lift...do i go for standard, +20%, or whats this about landcruiser springs? confused now ...(probably confused before!!!) got some 16 inch wellers and planning to fit 265/75/16s ... any thoughts wise ones of the web!!! How big/wide can I go with a narrow body?? with/without a 2 inch lift
                    cheers
                    dinna say eh?....say fit?

Comment

Originally posted by leo's dad
                      got a good looking transit centre box, same diam. pipe as front pipe, looks like it'll be exiting forward of the rear wheel at the side. will pass on part nos if anyones interested...£46 with clamps and some lenghts of threaded rod...maybe have a go at it this week end and take some pics,

oh rear springs..planning a 2 inch body lift...do i go for standard, +20%, or whats this about landcruiser springs? confused now ...(probably confused before!!!) got some 16 inch wellers and planning to fit 265/75/16s ... any thoughts wise ones of the web!!! How big/wide can I go with a narrow body?? with/without a 2 inch lift
                      cheers
                      the landcruiser springs will give you 3" of instant lift but you would need to get new shocks aswell and the panhard drop bracket also.I also put on the extended braided brake hoses aswell and got a 2" bodylift too,also got diff spacers to go on and i am trying to get some 1" ball joint spacers.In total my 5" lift has cost about £450 but i have yet too get bigger tyres to go on
                      Last edited by stormforce; 25 April 2007, 17:02.
                      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Transit exhaust is on!!!
                        flanges from front pipe line up perfect one tranny box turned thro 180 degrees, tail pipe made up from 2 + eighth copper elbow and tube..exit on trial at the moment
                        top stuff!!!

Comment

not sure you can use copper on exhaust pipe as I was told it gives off toxic fumes when it gets hot.

Check with expert.
                          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

bad news if this is so ...the pipe exits below the rear doors...kids (and dogs) in the back...but what about pipe fitters for fridge engineers etc does brazing copper cause these fumes???? I'll have to look into this. any cluses anyone?

Comment

Working...
                            X