Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil in turbo sensor

Hi All...

ive had an intermitant engine light recently...and think ive figured out whats going on..

the diags on the engine light were pointing towards turbo sensor...so just to see what happens if i run with the turbo vacuum pipe off after a short drive...i lifted the bonnet to fit the hose back on again...and noticed oil comin out of the filter where i removed the vacuum hose..

i then removed the hose from the sensor on the airbox..and blew thru it..again oil in it...

stupid question...is it a big problem to repair?...whats the cure?

thanks guys...

S
    sparkz
    http://www.elite4x4.co.uk/

It's oil vapour coming from the breather tube on top of the valve/rocker cover. The vapour condenses in the black plastic air intake tube that goes to the turbo. You just need to give it a wipe out every six months or so.

Give us a clue what truck/engine you have dude.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      It's oil vapour coming from the breather tube on top of the valve/rocker cover. The vapour condenses in the black plastic air intake tube that goes to the turbo. You just need to give it a wipe out every six months or so.

Give us a clue what truck/engine you have dude.

opps missed off that part..2.4TD 2L-TE with all the gubbins found in a 91 surf (loom/ECU/Dash/and the electrical luxurys!) transplanted in to a 91 hilux pickup makes me a bit of a crossbreed really!..hope im still welcome

Will give it a clean out like you sugested...thanks for the tip

S
      sparkz

Comment

Originally posted by sparkz
        opps missed off that part..2.4TD 2L-TE with all the gubbins found in a 91 surf (loom/ECU/Dash/and the electrical luxurys!) transplanted in to a 91 hilux pickup makes me a bit of a crossbreed really!..hope im still welcome

Will give it a clean out like you sugested...thanks for the tip

S

bit of an update on this prob...i noticed i was using shead loads of oil..and on start up..was getting one plume of smoke...on investigation i found the turbo oil seal was pasing oil and spitting it down in to the inlet manifold (im assuming on startup..it all running down and buring it off on 1st start)

so im lookin to rebuild the turbo...i spoke to turbo technics but they wont supply a spares kit...do you guys know who might?

in the meantime...i spoke to a mate..who happens to have a Garrett T28 sitting in his garage not getting used..so gonna have a look at fitting that in the mean time
        sparkz

Comment

Dont beat about the bush by the time you have stripped it down you could find more problems than you want....

They do recon units with a warrenty and its piece of mind that you wont have to do it again in the near future.
          Im not a gynacologist but ill have a look

Comment

Originally posted by mark g8awo
            Dont beat about the bush by the time you have stripped it down you could find more problems than you want....

They do recon units with a warrenty and its piece of mind that you wont have to do it again in the near future.
            Wheres your sence of adventure!? Warrenty..peice of mind??... i get all of that with my day car a boring 55 plate GT Golf...

i got the 'yota because i missed workin on cars myself

took me all of 10 mins to strip..as far as turbos go..this ones pretty basic..the bearings were fine so im happy that wouldnt need replacing..just need a new seal kit!

Cheers,

Sparkz
            sparkz

Comment

Working...
            X