Is there a heat sensor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a heat sensor?

I have noticed that my Surf (2.4TD Auto) runs a hell of a lot better once the engine has thoroughly warmed up. It takes a good 15-20 minutes of driving before it will pull at the top end.

Is there any sort of fuel temperature sensor, or something else that would cause this? There is a very noticeable difference. I have a replacement fuel filter, should I fit it??

Cheers

Rob G

its worth a go mate also put the diesel redex through it 1 bottle to 1/4 tank of diesel
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

I did try Redex

I did the Redex thing but used half a bottle to a tank of fuel, I guess you are saying that the recommended dose isn't strong enough to remove the claggy residues in the injection system, so I will give it another go.

Cheers m8

Rob G

Comment

Originally posted by wibblywobbly
        I have noticed that my Surf (2.4TD Auto) runs a hell of a lot better once the engine has thoroughly warmed up. It takes a good 15-20 minutes of driving before it will pull at the top end.

Is there any sort of fuel temperature sensor, or something else that would cause this? There is a very noticeable difference. I have a replacement fuel filter, should I fit it??

Cheers

Rob G
        See Technical-Elecrtical-Interior light. We had quite a discussion on this subject.

Tich

Comment

Working...
        X