Squeeeeeely belts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by peperami
    Well it looks like my next shift off is changing belts.Wheres the best place to get a set from?And can I say this forum site is ace,Ive been on many others about other interests which are probably a lot more popular than this one.But none have delivered such quick responses (to questions that have probably been asked many times b4)than this one Thanks and hope to be a surfer for many moons to come.
    Milners or Roughtrax would be best bet. However, if you're short of time then you can get the belts (at competitive prices surprisingly) from your local Halfrauds.
    Paul </Slugsie>
    Immortal.so far!

Comment

Picked up new set of belts on way home from work and got streight to it.power steering off still squealing.a/c off still squealing.Alternator fan belts off (yes no squeal).new ones back on alternators on tightened up (sh*t squeal back).Tried slackening tension and it went. Tightened up it was back,must be alternator.Does anyone know if they have replacable bearings,as i dont want to replace it as its still charging ok.When I said I slackend it was to the point where alternator was spinning but belt slipped when revved.Help Cheers PeP

Comment

Finally solved the squeeeling it was the bottom double drive pulley with the rubber between the inner and outer parts as suggested on other threads.Luckily the rubber was still good had only seperated from inner with no dammage,so just scuffed the rubber up and ground shallow grooves round the inner disc.2 tubes of arildite and its as good as new,well dont know how long it will last but it surd beats £115 for a new one.Ikept thinking it had died on me everytime i pulled up to lights as its so quiet now.Can start playing with it a bit more now thats sorted. Pep

Comment

Working...
        X