No announcement yet.

idle up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, you've got a manual gearbox, not so safe with an auto.

Comment

Mine's an auto, but I only tried it on a long straight empty road - I don't tend to set it then fall asleep in a slow moving traffic queue!

Besides, it only raises the rpm a little bit, no where near enough to affect the brakes.

Comment

Is there such a thing as an electric Idler that could kick in with a thermostat setting? By that I mean, if the engine or oil temp is below a certain setting, the high-idle will automatically kick in - and then turn itself down when it's gone above that preset value or when disengaged by the driver. ((Maybe I'm getting a little too immaginative here. if I am, someone smack me))

ie: Cold Canadian winters. Command Start. with and automatic high-idle on a 5spd. (So its actually worth it to have a command start)
        Looking for a 1993 Surf 3.0TD in MB, Canada. HELP!

Comment

Most Surfs have an idle-up switch that increases the idle speed by about 500rpm, for faster warm-up and for running electrical accessories such as winches. You press the button once to activate, press again to de-activate.
          On ato transmission modles, it only works in Park or Neutral.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
            Most Surfs have an idle-up switch that increases the idle speed by about 500rpm, for faster warm-up and for running electrical accessories such as winches. You press the button once to activate, press again to de-activate.
            On ato transmission modles, it only works in Park or Neutral.
            Ya, but not on 5spd's right? they all have the turn button for the idle setting...

Comment

Originally posted by joedude
              Ya, but not on 5spd's right? they all have the turn button for the idle setting...
              No, that's not correct. My 5 speed manual (1995 KZN130) has the push button Idle Up switch same as the auto model I had before.
              Brian

Comment

ok thanks, maybe it's just because I had only seen 1991 and earlier models (that's all you can get here in Canada )

Comment

Working...
                X