Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 6 in .../includes/functions.php on line 761 Notice: Uninitialized string offset: 6 in .../includes/functions.php on line 761 Timing belt warning light. - Hilux Surf & 4Runner forum
yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Timing belt warning light.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing belt warning light.

My son changed his speedo dial face at the weekend and after reassembling it all the timing belt warning light was on.We have assumed that he has just knocked off a connector or not pushed a plug home properly?
    Is this warning light just associated with the odometer and there is a process of resetting it when belt is changed? The sticker in the truck says belt was changed at 85000 miles nearly 3 years ago but I an sure it should be Km as it has only done 130000km.
    Or is it more sophisticated? If it is aconnection problem with a plug then maybe we need to go back in (pain) in case another warnig my have been adversely affected.

Originally posted by dsedin
    My son changed his speedo dial face at the weekend and after reassembling it all the timing belt warning light was on.We have assumed that he has just knocked off a connector or not pushed a plug home properly?
    Is this warning light just associated with the odometer and there is a process of resetting it when belt is changed? The sticker in the truck says belt was changed at 85000 miles nearly 3 years ago but I an sure it should be Km as it has only done 130000km.
    Or is it more sophisticated? If it is aconnection problem with a plug then maybe we need to go back in (pain) in case another warnig my have been adversely affected.
    as we dont know what truck you have i am assuming its a 2nd gen.In the centre of the dash there is a small rubber bung pull that out and push somthing thru to reset the light
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

I done the same thing when replacing the speedo face. Just remove the rubber bung on the speedo face and insert a tooth pick or similar through the hole and press reset button.
      The light normally comes on at 100,000kms.

Comment

Thanks again chaps for quick feedback.Have added details to profile.Any ideas though as to why it came on?We have had this lot in bits before and it didn't happen then.

Comment

You probably knocked the little reset switch, I did the same thing when I replaced my speedo face.

Comment

i done the same thing 2 yrs ago with my 1st surf and started to panic (it was b4 i found this nuthouse) so i rang the garage where i got it from and he told me what to do
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

[quote
              Last edited by new surf; 9 March 2008, 15:24.
              IT's not how you get in it . IT's how you get out.

Comment

Correct, but thats on the 3rd gen Surf, not the 2nd gen.

Comment

new underwear please

I can confirm the t belt light comes on at 150000 km as well, thanks for the reset tip.

Comment

Working...
                  X