Turbo problems???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo problems???

With engine being in bits Iam check other parts for reliability,I think Ive found Another problem waiting to happen I hope Iam wrong. My turbo has side to side movement so bad its polished its casing ie a silver band all round where the fins are on the intake side not the exhaust side.Hope this makes sense.

Yep makes sense. They will have a little side play which is normal. Touching the housing is not. New bearings/seals I would say.

Nev

Comment

Turbo Kit?

I have a 1992 2.4TD Landcruiser II (LJ70) and would like to know if there is a turbo kit available for this turbo.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

The only kits I've found for the turbo (CT20) is this one ...
        http://www.yellow.co.nz/site/lodgeau...ir%20Kits.html

http://www.softcom.net/users/hlturbo/p/toyota.gif
        Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 5 September 2006, 11:17.

Comment

LJ70 Turbo Kit

Thanks for the link, will have a look.

skylark_za

Comment

Just noticed my.........

Previous post . Had my turbo check out, side play was within tolerance , the silver band was the original machining grooves from new.Engine is awesome now after rebuild.A year on and she's impressing again.

Comment

Turbo Pictures

I have attached pictures of my turbo showing some of the oil on the external housing as explaine din my previous thread. I have checked the hose as recommended in a previous thread and this seems OK. Is there any other possible place it may be coming from?

Thanks

Comment

Ah, it all becomes clearer with a picture!
                That's nothing much to worry about, it's just oil vapour from the crankcase breather pipe on top of the rocker cover. After a while, oil condenses and dribbles out of the rubber elbow that connects onto the turbo. Just remove the hoses, give them a wipe out, and re-fit.

Comment

Turbo

Bushwhacker, thanks for the advice. I will give the hoses a clean out.

This is a great site and find it a real help even though I have a Landcruiser (LJ70), which shares many components as the Surf. It is hard to find information relevent to the LJ70.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X