rough idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rough idle

thanks fellas for all your responses, yes did change the pump from an e.f.i surf and it ran exactly the same,rogh idle, the only way it will run smooth on idle is by fitting the non efi pump from the early landcruiser,
    JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

non-efi pump

If you don`t mind me asking, why did you change an EFi pump for a non-efi one? I am asking because about a year ago, I siezed my Surf`s engine and bought a re-con job from parts`r`us. When the mechanic who was fitting the engine recived delivery of the engine he noticed it was a slightly different engine. When we phoned to ask advice, the seller said it was basically the same engine, all we had to do was change the pick up pipe and sump, and cut off the `knock sensor` as there is no hole in the crankcase for it. ever since the engine was fitted it has ran like a bag of s£$^e, with no turbo at all. I have been told that my solution is to fit the non-efi pump and ecu to get it working proper again. all this sounded like to much work and expense just after paying £1100 garage bill so it has been the same ever since.
      I was just wondering if you have been sold the same engine as myself. If so the crook that is selling these engines as direct replacements should be brought before this forum for ................. (fit in your own punishment). Good luck with your problem. Maybe you could stick up another post if you come across a successful soloution.

Comment

Hi, Yes You Got Sold The Early 2.4 Not Efi The Cranks Dont Have A Notch On Them For The Sensor, I Offroad Early Landcruisers So I Have Loads Of Bits, The Only Reason I Fitted The Non Efi Pump Was To Cancel Out The Brain, The Tickover Was Fine But The Power Was Down And No Top Gear. If Yours Is A Manual You Could Fit This Pump But You Have But You Have To Get Your Vac Lines Right Or The Pump Will Not Get The Message That Your Turbo Is On Boost, Hope This Helps

Comment

SORTED AT LAST after cracking open each injector pipe to locate a cylinder that was down,no3 was very strange, if i undid fully it would miss even worse,tightened down as before,a missfire, but if i loosend the pipe just a tiny bit so a dribble would come out the engine ran perfect, changed no3 injector,bliss you can stand a 50 pence on the cam cover,[nearly] dont always believe you are getting a good set of recon injectors, now looking for a good supplier of injectors if any one knows one.

Comment

non-efi fuel pump

glad to hear you found out what your problem was.
            In your last post you said that I could fit a non-efi fuel pump as long as I got the vacuum pipes correct. My thinking was that I had to change the ECU as well as the pump. I don`t suppose you can shed more light on this problem or does anyone out there know if someone else has sorted this issue before.
            Any advice welcome,
            Cheers.

Comment

Working...
            X