Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vagrant No2
    Also did not have the removable rear roof section
    how easily do they come off...is it a case of "ooh what a nice hot, dry, sunny day, think i'll take the roof off and go for a drive" or more of a case of "logey, you dumbass, don't touch the sodding thing!!!"
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

I'm guessing, 'cos I've never seen one in the flesh, that the rear section is clipped to the sides and rear of the cab with kind of spring clips??

Comment

I'll go check in a minute....that would be excellent for the 2 days of summer we get. mind you, i couldn't see a rad cap in me engine, so little chance of finding these in the dark.......oooh...torch!

Comment

Try using the 'force' Dave.

Comment

mmmm....inside bolts are there, reveals the clips maybe do they?mmmm....

Comment

Originally posted by jamsironwork
              should look like this one
              That looks similar. I will check in the light tomorrow. Does it have "2L-T" across the turbo intake pipe?

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
                how easily do they come off...is it a case of "ooh what a nice hot, dry, sunny day, think i'll take the roof off and go for a drive" or more of a case of "logey, you dumbass, don't touch the sodding thing!!!"
                Tony and Sumo have removed the rear roof off theirs , and Sumo removed the rear roof off mine so he could steal the roll bar before he sold me the rest of the vehicle . . I have not yet taken the roof off my self as it needs 2/3 people to take it off .
                A series of bolts are beneath the trim on the inside and above the cab under trim covers . There is 1 special bolt on the ns that has to be put back in or the engine will not run (from wot I understand).
                I want to take my roof off in the summer but have no one to help lift it or anywhere to store it .
                Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
                  Nah, whip it off. I put the car in the garage, undo all the bolts and ratching strap through the sliding windows and under the back jack it off the car, then drive out from under it.

Lots of pics of my topless 'Runner here...

http://www.4x4toys.co.uk/images/4x4/...stonjul04.html
                  4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

My Runner wont fit in the garage , and as I remember neither does yours now you have lifted it (only to keep up with me )

Comment

My Runner wont fit in the garage , and as I remember neither does yours now you have lifted it (only to keep up with me )
                      hehe, it does fit, but only just! nearly came unstuck the other day after leaving the sunroof tilted!!! Eek, how it didn't break I'll never know, but won't do it again!
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I want to take my roof off in the summer but have no one to help lift it or anywhere to store it .
                        i thought you had some nice friendly neighbours near you Rick
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
                          i thought you had some nice friendly neighbours near you Rick
                          They would set up home in it and claim benifits if I took the roof off and left it on the driveway .

Comment

Heres my baby
                            TOPLESS

Ignore the old boy in the black T-shirt its only POPS..
                            Last edited by sumo; 17 August 2007, 08:11.
                            If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Working...
                            X