Metalic grating noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metalic grating noise

To all you chaps of infinate surf wisdom , i have just noticed a metalic crunching / grating noise and even sometimes a bit of a clunk coming from what i think is the front wheels when manouevering in and out of full lock. It does not happen at any other time , cornering etc and drives really well otherwise. Any ideas as to what it may be and how to fix it would be most appreciated.

Try Greasing the steering stopps . When the wheel are on full lock there are stops . some have plastic covers to prevent this otherwise when on full lock its metal to metal .
    Last edited by Woodzie; 16 February 2006, 04:36.
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by ianwoodzie
      Try Greasing the steering stopps . When the wheel are on full lock there are stops . some have plastic covers to prevent this otherwise when on full lock its metal to metal .
      Thanks , i did notice these earlier today when i looked but did not know what these were , and yes the plastic cover on these do seem to be worn so will have a go a greasing these this afternoon when i awake

Comment

Originally posted by Slugger
        Thanks , i did notice these earlier today when i looked but did not know what these were , and yes the plastic cover on these do seem to be worn so will have a go a greasing these this afternoon when i awake
        03.52 are you sleep typing?
        Should have bought a 3ltr

Comment

Originally posted by Esamed

I got sent home from work early (02.00) after burning my forhead with plastic and could not get to sleep
          www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

I got sent home from work early (02.00) after burning my forhead with plastic and could not get to sleep

Wow!!!! what was hot plastic doing on your forehead?
            I used to have a surf me!

Comment

Originally posted by phoebelala
              Wow!!!! what was hot plastic doing on your forehead?

I was starting a injection moulding m/c and clearing the waste from the barrel my saftey glasses started to fall off and i brought up my forarm to push them back ,It was on my arm /gloves , i now have a lovley burn above my left eye.....OUCH
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Esamed

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ No honest !! i work the night shift at the moment

Comment

OK . i have greased the formentioned stops and yes it has certainly made a difference , my next question is - are these plastic caps special in anyway , can they be purchased or can i adapt something or other to make do ?

Comment

Originally posted by Slugger
                    OK . i have greased the formentioned stops and yes it has certainly made a difference , my next question is - are these plastic caps special in anyway , can they be purchased or can i adapt something or other to make do ?

I just keep them well greased
                    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

I just keep them well greased
                      Thanks Ian , will do exactly that then.

Comment

Working...
                      X