2.4 non efi owners help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2.4 non efi owners help needed

hi could anyone with a 2LT engine have a look at this for me, i have a pipe that has been cut and bunged up with a bolt its just to the rear of the fuel pump, have arrowed it on the diagram attached. been trying to find where it should go for a while hope you can help.
    Attached Files

pipe

Hi l am not 100% sure but l think it is just a leak off pipe.
    Live Life To The Full

Comment

maybe the owner of the vehicle before you did the EGR mod and put a bolt in the wrong pipe??

Comment

they all have a bolt in it dont they its the blead

Comment

Originally posted by whirly03
          they all have a bolt in it dont they its the blead
          I believe its part of the return to Tank via the Pump !!

There's always a Pay back.... You just don't see it comin !!!!
          Buncefield Burner

Comment

It's's a fuel return line. Excess fuel not used by the injectors is returned via this. Not sure where on the 2L-T it should connect to but it should be fixed.

Nev

Comment

It goes back to the tank, there should be another pipe next to the fuel feed pipe to the filter on the inner wing.
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

thanks too you all, will have another look later why would they have dissconected that? i seem to be getting air in the fuel over night could this be the place i pulled the bunged piece of pipe off and it looked dry but it wasn,t running at the time.

Comment

sorry wrong pipe

sorry guys i arrowed the wrong pipe on the diagram, yes that one does return to the tank. i have taken a pic of the one blocked off its just a little above the tank return.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Sorry mate, can't seem to enlarge picture, can you put it on again??

Comment

Originally posted by charliemuttley
                      Sorry mate, can't seem to enlarge picture, can you put it on again??
                      any good now?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Yeah worked that time, but sorry can't help.

Comment

Hi,
                          I have the non-EFI motor and experience a similar problem with difficult starting when left to stand for a full day or so. I have to really crank the engine to start and I suspect the problem is with the fuel system. I`ll check tomorrow to see if the pipe is blocked.
                          cheers,
                          chris