No announcement yet.

Break light on instrument panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

again vince you have pulled me out a hole.

many thanks

scotty

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
      You need DOT4 brake fluid.
      Cheers Bushwacker.

I went and bought a bottle of DOT4 and was about to top up my fluid but I noticed two things. Firstly, it actually says DOT3 on the cap (sorry, i din't notice that before) does that matter? Should I get DOT3 instead in the future?

Secondly, my brake fluid is actually full!! It just looked low through the plastic. So why is my brake light not going off then? The little float seemed to be bobbing away quite happily. I did notice that there were no wires coming out of the cap like there is for the clutch fluid - should there be?

Confused!

Comment

DOT 4 is o.k. it replaces DOT 3.
        Is your handbrake fully released? Sometimes my brake warning light comes on when driving and I push the handbrake lever down about 1/4 inch, and it goes off. Must be a sensitive switch.
        Your brake fluid cap should be like this...................
        Attached Files

Comment

I've tried pushing the handbrake and so on, but it hasn't helped.

In your pic it looks as though there is a little wire coming out of the cap. We don't have that on ours so I reckon that might be the problem!

Comment

I've tried every trick in the book and I can't get that damned light to stay off. I reckon I'm just gonna disconnect it.

Comment

Working...
            X