No announcement yet.

How many miles in a tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The most i could get with mine was 3800 on the odometer. my tank is a 65ltr one and i filled it right to the top. what would my mpg be? ......
    Last edited by BETRAYAL; 15 February 2006, 13:53.
    9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!

Comment

Originally posted by BETRAYAL
      The most i could get with mine was 3800 on the odometer. my tank is a 65ltr one and i filled it right to the top. what would my mpg be? ......
      3,800 ???????????????

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

er.. thats 265 to a gallon...or if its km. speedo, its 165 to a gallon...good going!
        it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
          er.. thats 265 to a gallon...or if its km. speedo, its 165 to a gallon...good going!
          hahaha!!! sorry i must mean 380km to a full tank
          9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
            must be on tick-over and pushing it every where
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce1067
              must be on tick-over and pushing it every where
              Nah,

He get's it towed everywhere

Trev

Comment

does any1 know how much difference there is btween a 2.4 and a 3.0 surf on mpg? is it alot?
                Yes 3.0 drivers complain less

Comment

Originally posted by Bikenuts
                  Yes 3.0 drivers complain less
                  haha! hey i thought they would complain more with fuel consuption and insurance and stuff? thats why i couldnt have 1
                  9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!

Comment

haha! hey i thought they would complain more with fuel consuption and insurance and stuff?
                    3.0 litre and 2.4 about the same for economy - mine get's around 25 to the gallon

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                      3.0 litre and 2.4 about the same for economy - mine get's around 25 to the gallon

Trev
                      yeah?? is that being that the 3.0 doesnt have 2 work as hasrd as the 2.4? if mine does 380km what mpg is that?
                      9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!

Comment

yeah?? is that being that the 3.0 doesnt have 2 work as hasrd as the 2.4? if mine does 380km what mpg is that?
                        Email me and I will try to sort out a copy of my spreadsheet for you.

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev
                          Email me and I will try to sort out a copy of my spreadsheet for you.

Trev
                          I think I get around and about 24mpg from my surf, rising to 30mpg on the run from Calais to Limoges at a steady 110 kph (68 to you imperial types). I have heard of guys in Oz getting 550+ to a tank but on a day to day I get between 430 and 460.

Towing a gross weight of in excess of 2400kg I drop to about 14-17mpg. But as the 2.4td is a bit worn around the piston rings I find it struggles a bit on the hills. Also the Ifor William DP120 has the aero dynamics of a barn door.
                          I am the friend of Hypno-Toad

Comment

Originally posted by surfstar
                            My surf does about 340 Km to the tank, what is that in miles ruffly and is that a bad MPG? If so what could i do to make the MPG better?
                            What does everyone else's surfs do?
                            I was about to ask same question. It might be right cos my Rig is like yours. It has 33" Tyres 4" lift kit etc and I`m getting about same as you. I thought it was bad too. Think I`m actually getting more than you. I did 320km this weekend, Put £50 in it, read Full, now between quarter and empty stage where light coming on and off. Have you got 4.875 Diff ratios, or have you just stuck the wheels on it. Your axle code shoud be G145, on the chassis plate if it is 4.875.
                            Last edited by oohdiddy; 15 February 2006, 22:09.

Comment

Working...
                            X