How many miles in a tank?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many miles in a tank?

My surf does about 340 Km to the tank, what is that in miles ruffly and is that a bad MPG? Ifso what could i do to make the MPG better?
    What does everyone else's surfs do?
    Kite Surf

from Absolutely full to empty and running on fumes, I get 330 miles, thats 530 km.

I get 57 liters in, that's 14.82 gallons (times by .26), which is 22.3 MPG.

I wish I ahdn't just worked that out becuase when I used to keep regular track of my mpg I was getting more like 25. The surf is fine, it's my right foot that got worse.

340km is 212 miles. assuming your tank is also 57 liters full to empty your MPG is 14.3 mpg which is truly **** for any diesel surf.

are you sure your odometer is in km?

Comment

Mine (3.0L) from full to light coming on does about 440kms....about 350ish miles to a full tank, but almost all of my driving is 'about-town' driving.

Comment

Positive its in Km's. That is shocking to hear my MPG, i imagine my tyres would not help. What can i do/check/replace? Driving to Spain in the summer, 3000 mile trip, gonna be expen$ive.
        Kite Surf

Comment

Swap wheels and tyres with me?

Comment

I dont think i could go back to having normal wheels again, infact i never have, bought my baby exactly how it is. £1900
            Kite Surf

Comment

I just don't believe 14mpg from a surf, however heavy your right foot, even on big wheels.

Use your odometer on a straight line motorway journey and check recorded distances against the map, or borrow a satnav to do the same.

This may be a silly question, but is your speedo in km/h and what does it go up to.

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
                I just don't believe 14mpg from a surf, however heavy your right foot, even on big wheels.

Use your odometer on a straight line motorway journey and check recorded distances against the map, or borrow a satnav to do the same.

This may be a silly question, but is your speedo in km/h and what does it go up to.

The speedo is in MPH, i had it changed but the odometer is def KM's. Ill investigate it further whne the wife is back from shopping.
                Kite Surf

Comment

From memory, and I'm sure someone will correct me, there are two ways to change the speedo from km'h to mph

the standard speedo goes up to about 160kmh. a new sticker can be put on that goes up to about 100mph. the needle stays the same place for a given speed, but the scale you read against changes.

the other way is to actualy change the ratio, either by changing the speedo itself, or by pluging a little box which changes the signals from the wheels. This means that your speedo still reads up to 160MPH but when you go at 100 mph, instead of going all the way round it only goes about 2/3 so yo read 100.

If it's done with stickers your speedo is in mph but your odo is in kmh. if it's done with a converter you speedo is in mph and so is your odo, whatever it has written next to it.

Sitckering is quite common, but not if you have odd size wheels, cos sticker kits will only be available for a standard setup, whereas some converters can be set up for any wheel size.

If your truck has changed from 31" std tyres to 35" then that would be about a 13% error off the top of my head (e.g at an indicated 70mph you would be doing 80) so I think you would have noticed that?

that's why I asked. and that's why I would check it out against a map or a satnav!

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
                    that's why I asked. and that's why I would check it out against a map or a satnav!
                    Or another car.
                    It just does, OK?

Comment

i get 300-400kms per tank.
                      Tim
                      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Originally posted by dave.j.robbo
                        Or another car.
                        Doh. yep your right, That is kinda the obvious answer.

Comment

The trucks odometer is definately in Km, If others wrekon they are getting 300-400 km's per tank then surely im about the same.
                          Kite Surf

Comment

I get about 380 per tank, mostly 'B' and 'C' roads.

Comment

About 450 kms in a 2.4 auto i thought it was good for the size of it
                              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Working...
                              X