brake warning light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake warning light

hi all, i'm in the proccess of replaceing the heater matrix. all was fine until i connected the clocks back up and checked the opperation of the fans/vents.
    the handbrake light wont go out on the dashboard. i've checked the fluid level and float, not sticking, connected/disconnected - o.k, have had the handbrake switch off, stipped it, shorted it, ajusted it, tested it-o.k, pumped brakes and fired up engine to check for vacume-o.k.
    only thing i can think of is that i've disturbed a wire somewhere and it's shorting out. dont want to remove dashboard again (those who have done it will understand why!!) failing that, i'm gonna take bulb out of clocks!!
    any more ideas?
    andy crofts

p.s. dont be fooled into thinking the heater matrix repiar is a simple one, i've been at it for two days now and the car still looks like a breaker iinside!!

got every thing back together again today, fired up car and drove for about 5 yards, brake light indicator went out, fog light switch(which did'nt previously work) lit up and heater control lights on dash started working again. had a quick look under steering column area all seemed fine with wireing ect. so took it for a 50 mile round trip to my brothers with out a problem. i'm putting it down to a faulty connection somewhere, but whilst it's working theres no point trying to mend it!
    andy

Comment

So what you're saying, is if the foglight swith doesn't work or the brake warning light won't go out, it's the heater matrix thats causing it?

Comment

either the heater matrix or the ham fisted six foot four, sixteen stoner that 'gently persuaded' the bits to fit or else! the problem arose whilst the matrix was being repaired, thus my conclusion of a bad connection haveing just wrenched two thirds of the dash board out, with only the use of a small tea spoon and alot of nervous aggression!!
        andy

Comment

Working...
        X