rad removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rad removal

Just picked up my 1992 2.4 surf from the docks need to do some work on the cooling system to help prevent the dreaded cracked head !! I was going to drain rad off to flush out the system but found another rad under the engine when i took the cover off I presume this is for the oil but do you have to remove this just to drain the rad and is it advisable to take the rad out to get it flow checked for blockages before i go any further

The radiator under the engine is for the air conditioning. There is no need to remove this to drain the (water) rad - you can get at the drain cock from underneath the truck although it's a bit of a squeeze if you've got big hands - it's at the bottom passenger side of the rad.
    Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Gamedawn
      The radiator under the engine is for the air conditioning. There is no need to remove this to drain the (water) rad - you can get at the drain cock from underneath the truck although it's a bit of a squeeze if you've got big hands - it's at the bottom passenger side of the rad.

Cheers Roger would you get the rad checked or just flush it

Comment

Probably just give the system a good flush out and then fit a new thermostat and rad cap.
        Roger

My Pointer ate the dog trainer

Comment

Originally posted by heyes5034
          Cheers Roger would you get the rad checked or just flush it
          From experience, I would get the rad out and get it flow checked, and make sure your viscous fan is operating as it should. I did all the usual flushing stuff, but the head still went. The rad needed a recore due to partial blockage which no amount of flushing would have shifted.
          Pete

Comment

Working...
          X