Surf Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surf Manual

Can Anybody help me out I am after a manual for a Hi- Lux Surf, H.reg 1990/91 I have had this surf for 9 mounths and I have only had it on the road for 6 weeks as the crank broke so I had to get another engine which was very costly. Now the engine is done 2 weeks on and the head cracked, now that has been done I can't get the turbo to work and it keeps over heating, and I am getting to the stage where I am starting to over heat also. If anyone can help me out I'd be very gratefuf. Many thanks
    The Fox

Attached are the vacuum hoses check these Ref TURBO.
    Attached Files
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
    (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by Fox shot
      Can Anybody help me out I am after a manual for a Hi- Lux Surf, H.reg 1990/91 I have had this surf for 9 mounths and I have only had it on the road for 6 weeks as the crank broke so I had to get another engine which was very costly. Now the engine is done 2 weeks on and the head cracked, now that has been done I can't get the turbo to work and it keeps over heating, and I am getting to the stage where I am starting to over heat also. If anyone can help me out I'd be very gratefuf. Many thanks
      The Fox
      Check on Amazon - Hayes do a maual and there is a Max Ellery one too Max Ellery
      haynes
      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Cheers

Originally posted by marky
        Attached are the vacuum hoses check these Ref TURBO.
        Hi Marky, many thanks for the diagram I will be checking it real soon (when it stops raining). Thanks for spending the time in trying to help me out,
        Rockin' Regards
        Nigel.

Comment

Manual

Originally posted by Linda
          Check on Amazon - Hayes do a maual and there is a Max Ellery one too Max Ellery
          haynes
          Hi Linda,
          I have tried Haynes but they don't do a manual for a Hi - Lux Surf turbot diesel. I have seen one on the 2.4 Austrialian 4 Runner but again it's not for the turbo. I will check out Max Ellery, Thanks V much
          Rockin Regards
          Nigel

Comment

On Manuals and Owners Handbooks

re: Manuals for hilux surf turbo 3.0

Neither of these manuals quoted on amazon seem to mention turbo, as I could see..... nobodys put in a write up either.

Am I better looking up a plain hi-lux for the "stuff underneath"?

(bit of a technobaby I am afraid)

BTW readers, you see the Onwers Handbooks (even being flogged on Amazon) watch out for the year numbering, they mean 89 - 95 (2nd Gen) not 89-93 - caused severe buggering about with emails and refunds for me last year.

Worth it though to find out "dont use 4wd on tarmac", and "stick it in 4wd mode now and again to keep it all working".

So, if you have a 2nd Gen Surf dated 94/95 (that is EARLY 95, not a 3rd Gen) then the wrongly worded "Surf 89-93 Owners Manual" is the one for you. How we explain that when we come to sell the car is another thing.

I like mine so much I plan to run it into the ground...

Comment

The max ellery and haynes manuals are fine for everything apart from the engine, Roughtrax sell a genuine Toyota engine manual for the 1KZ-T, which is as close as you'll get to your 1KZ-T/E, its only short of the EGR and electronically controlled fuel pump which the UK 4Runners don't have.

Originally posted by Frogsurf
              re: Manuals for hilux surf turbo 3.0

Neither of these manuals quoted on amazon seem to mention turbo, as I could see..... nobodys put in a write up either.

Am I better looking up a plain hi-lux for the "stuff underneath"?

(bit of a technobaby I am afraid)

BTW readers, you see the Onwers Handbooks (even being flogged on Amazon) watch out for the year numbering, they mean 89 - 95 (2nd Gen) not 89-93 - caused severe buggering about with emails and refunds for me last year.

Worth it though to find out "dont use 4wd on tarmac", and "stick it in 4wd mode now and again to keep it all working".

So, if you have a 2nd Gen Surf dated 94/95 (that is EARLY 95, not a 3rd Gen) then the wrongly worded "Surf 89-93 Owners Manual" is the one for you. How we explain that when we come to sell the car is another thing.

I like mine so much I plan to run it into the ground...
              4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I have this manual:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bolloxx/1KZ-TE.rar

It's off a later model but maybe it will help in some way.
                [CENTER][img]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/bolloxx.j

Comment

This manual can also be seen on-line at;
                  http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/manuals/1KZ-TE/
                  and is available for download on a PDF from;
                  http://surf.mactherapy.com/
                  and if you are interested you can download the Toyota EPC manual from;
                  http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/inf...ks.htm#manuals

Regards
                  Mike
                  Last edited by cockybundoo; 2 May 2005, 09:14.
                  [FONT=Comic Sans MS]"Inveniam viam aut faciam" - S

Comment

Forgive the ignorance, but...

Originally posted by bolloxx
                    I have this manual:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bolloxx/1KZ-TE.rar

It's off a later model but maybe it will help in some way.
                    what's a .RAR file and how do you open it?

Cheers for making it available by the way.

Rob
                    Constantly Striving to Attain Lower Standards

Comment

Originally posted by nednil
                      what's a .RAR file and how do you open it?

Cheers for making it available by the way.

Rob
                      its like a .zip file,
                      i think the software is from www.rarsoft.com - thats the one I have always used anyway.
                      Tim
                      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

.RAR file

A .rar file is a compressed file, not dissimilar to a zip file.

To open it you need a program called WinRar which can be downloaded from here http://tinyurl.com/aplny
                        [SIZE=2][COLOR=White]You can't have everything. Where would you put it?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Surf Manual

Originally posted by Fox shot
                          The Fox
                          Look On Web Site
                          www.japanese4x4spares.co.uk/toy-hilux-surf

Comment

try ebay i got mine from a guy called steve sutton aka manual man just type in the name then you may get it up he does all sorts of manuals
                            type steve sutton or manual man
                            taekwondododo

Comment

sorry just looked him up its sutton_steve
                              taekwondododo

Comment

Working...
                              X