No announcement yet.

To tow or not to tow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whenever I'm in contact with those boys with the flashing lights, I inform them I need a low loader cause it's a 4X4 automatic and they so far agree (I'm waiting for this years renewual though).
    According to the last relay driver I had last week he doesn't tow any autos or 4X4's as some it damadges the transmission and some it doesn't, he just doesn't like to take the risk as the last repair bill was £2000 (renault senic 4X4).
    Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
      You can't! not don't!

Semantics! baaaa
      Gaz

Comment

Blimey Maverick, if you break down that oftern, I would consider getting rid of your old ford and get a smurf!!!
        But please don't tell me you are driving one already!
        Or not in this case
        Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

In the past four years I've called them out three times.
          Once in North Yorkshire, because the van had decimated it's gearbox, so it needed low loading to Southampton (296 miles).
          Last Easter in Scotland for the Surf cause she chewed her rear UJ, low loaded to Southampton (497 miles).
          This Easter in Scotland for the Surf cause the head went, low loaded to Southampton (409 miles).
          My main and only car is the Surf (motorcycle backup but the dogs don't like it), she is normally very reliable, but when she goes, she goes!!

The reason I've seen so many relay drivers is cause it takes three of them to get from Scotland to Southampton due to allowed driving hours.
          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Had visions of your dogs with biker helmets and glasses on wazzing down the road!
            Think its time to change the tv from cartoon network!!
            Back in the world of Surfdom

Comment

Working...
            X