oops too much oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oops too much oil

oops think the grease monkey has put in just over 7lts of oil in my engine, it now reads just over full on the dip stick by a few millimeters. will this do any damage or do you rekon i can get away with it?????

Originally posted by mr dog
    oops think the grease monkey has put in just over 7lts of oil in my engine, it now reads just over full on the dip stick by a few millimeters. will this do any damage or do you rekon i can get away with it?????
    Is this before or after restarting the engine? if before than your oil filter may still be empty, and may take enough oil to bring the level down.

Otherwise, it should ideally have some drained to bring it into the correct range as the maximum limit it there for good reason, too much oil can cause oil seals to leak and other internal problems.
    Maurice
    Hilux Surf FAQ at www.hiluxsurf.eu

Comment

lol

For the sakes of a couple of millimeters i think it will be ok, when i bought mine it had a little too much oil in it and i ran it for six weeks before getting round to servicing it, it was fine

Comment

Originally posted by mr dog

Might leak a bit if overfilled. Best drain a bit out if possible.

Nevillef

Comment

Working...
        X