Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lucky
    Stephen.

It should come bursting out of the top if the pressure was significant. I think you need to look for something else as being the problem. Are ou losing water, if not then how does the viscous fan work, does it spin properly when warm (is the viscous oil locking up), what about the thermostat, have you flushed the system as the rad and block could be full of c**p and restricting the flow. If the water is spewing out of the rad cap and you aren't losing water then chances are that the head is OK. I would definately get things out if the engine is getting hot though. Mind you what does the gauge say - if it show normal then it is just getting normally hot - the engine does get very hot - I think mainly because the engine bay is so cramped.

I've just come back from a return trip to wales, 650 miles on the motorway in 2 days, plus a stop off in Liverpool to see Hilux Bob. Car ran like a dream, I am very pleased because it's the first really good run since the head was changed.

Cheers and good luck.
    I think I'm just suffering from new Surf owners paranoia. I haven't noticed any significant coolant loos but the engine does get very hot. Maybe thats normal. Apart from the windscreen wipers going I have had no problems yet. The windscreen wiper problem was a gem. It was the rod at the back of the motor which broke. I soldered it back together and it has held so far.
    Stephen

1992 SSR-X Grey 2.4 TD Automatic

Comment

Originally posted by skennedy2701
      I think I'm just suffering from new Surf owners paranoia. I haven't noticed any significant coolant loos but the engine does get very hot. Maybe thats normal. Apart from the windscreen wipers going I have had no problems yet. The windscreen wiper problem was a gem. It was the rod at the back of the motor which broke. I soldered it back together and it has held so far.

yes the engines do to get very very hot and take a long time to cool once parked up.
      Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
      My choice
      Back off

Comment

Working...
      X