Engine Management Light 2.4td

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Management Light 2.4td

When I accelerate hard over 3000 rpm the turbo light goes out and the red engine management light comes on although there seems to be no apparent loss in power. Anybody got any ideas !!

Do a search on ECU Codes. It will tell you how to get and interpret the fault codes. It could be something as simple as a split pipe allowing air to be sucked into the wrong place at high revs.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

Thanks for that I will investigate the vac hoses and see about getting the fault codes read.

Comment

Sounds as if you are overboosting. Check the pipe to the wastegate on the turbo, it may be kinked, holed, etc.
        You can take my 4x4 from me when you prize the keys from my cold, dead hand.

Comment

Thanks for that I will check the waste gate pipes .

Comment

if the check code is a 12 its timer control valve have you got a loud diesel knock and maybe a bit more smoke than normal does it turn off smoothley? i had this and found it was the timer control valve was shot check the resistance of it, i think it should be between 10 and 14 ohms mine was about 26 so threw it in the bin and replaced it tricky to do with pump in place but can be done with loads of swearing and grazed knuckles
            if aint gone pop yet chances are it will

Comment

thanks for that I will check the timer control valve

Comment

Working...
              X