No error code!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No error code!!!

Hello everyone, further to identifying the problem with my auto box as a solenoid, I decided to confirm this by running the diagnostic on te1 and e1. Initially I tried it and got a code 2 and a code 12 on the engine fault light but nothing on the overdrive??? Took the fuse out of the ecd for a minute just to check if i had the problem.

Tried it again and now the engine check light is not showing and code (thought it should give a code 1 ia all was ok). Is starts without any problem and sounds sweet but just worried it isnt showing a code.

The overdrive light still isnt showing any code either though. Is their a different way for testing the transmission or should it still use te1 and e1???

Any help greatly appreciated

Originally posted by merybuck
    Hello everyone, further to identifying the problem with my auto box as a solenoid, I decided to confirm this by running the diagnostic on te1 and e1. Initially I tried it and got a code 2 and a code 12 on the engine fault light but nothing on the overdrive??? Took the fuse out of the ecd for a minute just to check if i had the problem.

Tried it again and now the engine check light is not showing and code (thought it should give a code 1 ia all was ok). Is starts without any problem and sounds sweet but just worried it isnt showing a code.

The overdrive light still isnt showing any code either though. Is their a different way for testing the transmission or should it still use te1 and e1???

Any help greatly appreciated
    Have you driven the truck since replacing the fuse? You may have reset the alarm to the ECU so it may reappear when you drive it next.
    It's only a hobby!

Comment

thanks kitesurf. just taken it for a run and tried again, now getting a nice 1 flash on the check engine.

Do you know about the overdrive fault light?? is it the same diagnostic terminals??

Comment

Originally posted by merybuck
        thanks kitesurf. just taken it for a run and tried again, now getting a nice 1 flash on the check engine.

Do you know about the overdrive fault light?? is it the same diagnostic terminals??
        I don't mate, I'm afraid, I just know a bit about alarms as reported to computers (from my other life as a radio systems engineer). The number of younger/greener colleagues who reboot control PCs and say, "The alarm cleared." is amazing. The next time the condition that created the alarm report occurs the alarm is back. It's a nice quick way of ditching a job at 4PM on a Friday, as long as I am not on call over the weekend.
        It's only a hobby!

Comment

Working...
        X