Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Verry interesting thread here. Im interested to compare the consumption diferences of cars running with diesel and veg. (Biodiesel). Can u guys provide soome figures?

Comment

Originally posted by luck33ro View Post
      Verry interesting thread here. Im interested to compare the consumption diferences of cars running with diesel and veg. (Biodiesel). Can u guys provide soome figures?
      Doesn't make much difference, average between 14 and 17mpg.

I did manage to average 18mpg over the last 600km, on pure diesel, had some time away, took it easy for some of that, not my usual thumping it to work.

Best thing for fuel economy is taking the bike, although that isn't much better the way I ride and being an 1100.

Comment

mileage

Hi All,

I use mostly SVO at the moment, probably 80-90% of the tank, with a small amount of regular Diesel

I average around 25/26mpg - low 20s around town, closer to 30 keeping at around 60 on a steady run.

Mine's a manual 4runner

Cheers
        C

Comment

Originally posted by luck33ro View Post
          Vegetable oil/bio diesel has 10% less calorific value compared to mineral diesel. So expect your mpg to drop by that much.
          l'm FAME-ous!

Comment

Tescos veg oil has jumped from £1 per litre to £1.44 per litre in a week. Funilly enough, Asda and Sainsburys are also £1.44 this week. Cartel? Price fixing? Perish the thought!!
            Mark

Comment

Halfy half....

I pay £20 for a 20l drum of New oil and £1.10 per litre for bio....I get £20 worth of each and mix em in the tank....with a dose of redex injector cleaner. Almost a full tank for £40 and runs like a dream.

Comment

I'm running on a good 90% SVO with some unleaded, acetone and 2T, and I'm getting over 28mpg on mostly short runs in my manual 4runner. Engine runs nice and quiet and smooth, and can't say I've noticed the drop in power.
                Letting the tank run down now and when the winter diesel arrives I'll be on 50/50 till the spring.

Comment

Anyone looked into the LPG add-on? It isn't a conversion as such, LPG is used as the catalyst.

Comment

Originally posted by Loobs View Post
                    LPG is used as the catalyst.
                    Catalyst for what?
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

• Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                      Catalyst for what?
                      An argument.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dodge View Post
                        An argument.
                        Discussion

Comment

• Catalyst for ignition of the diesel. A small bit of LPG is injected with the diesel which increases the efficiency, gets close to 90% burn rate. I know a couple of people, one with a Disco and one with a land cruiser who have had it done and rave about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loobs View Post
                            Catalyst for ignition of the diesel. A small bit of LPG is injected with the diesel which increases the efficiency, gets close to 90% burn rate. I know a couple of people, one with a Disco and one with a land cruiser who have had it done and rave about it.
                            Wow, how cool... er what the fcuk does that mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by Loobs View Post
                              Catalyst for ignition of the diesel. A small bit of LPG is injected with the diesel which increases the efficiency, gets close to 90% burn rate.
                              How does that happen?

What does '90% burn rate' mean?

Comment

• Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                                How does that happen?

What does '90% burn rate' mean?
                                I'd like to know too!

Comment

Working...
                                X